Ringing IN Ears?

Discussion in 'General' started by HeadySpaghetti, Apr 5, 2010.

1. So ive had ringing in my right ear for a while now, and I didnt think there was anything to do about it, now Im pretty sure there is ringing in both my ears and its quite annoying.. is there anything I can actually do about this? im only 18 and dont want to have ringing in my ears for hte rest of my life... I had tubes put in my ears twice, would having that surgery again do anything?

2. how long is a while?

when i worked in a welding shop i didnt wear ear plugs while grinding for a few hours and i had a loud ringing in my ears for about two weeks before it went away.

3. Dude.
    Thay must mean that somebody is talking about you constantly.
    That sucks.

4. Yeah I used to have ringing in my ears at random times when I was younger. I hated it but I don't get it so much anymore.

5. If it is in fact Tinnitus, then no. Mine started when I was taking flu meds in 8th grade and then it never went away. It drove me MAD for the first month and then I just kind of got used to it. Go to an ear nose and throat doctor to be sure that's what it is. They have therapy for it, but my mom wouldn't take me so I just kind of dealt with it. You really do get used to it. I hardly ever notice it anymore unless its absolutely silent and the worst part is when your head is stuffy and then it gets louder/more noticeable.

6. You can cut back on coffee, which would help a little, but in the end, you'll never hear silence again . . . (if it's tinnitus).

Also, its an early sign for hearing loss. Meaning: turn down the music a little and wear hearing protection at shows; if you care about your hearing that is.

The best you can do though is to accept it as permanent and then ignore it. The more you focus on it, the louder it gets.

7. I get that sometimes too, mine ended up being my blood pressure.

8. #10 c0c0nut, Apr 5, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
    To expand a little bit on what mrnoname said.. If it IS in fact Tinnitus, cigarettes, caffeine, and salt all aggravate it and make it worse.

9. Have you rolled recently?

10. My dad had that because he has high blood pressure. You might want to get that checked.

11. It may not be for the rest of your life. As others mentioned, there are various reasons for the ringing.

If it doesn't resolve itself at the very least it may not be forever. As you get older you can no longer hear some high pitched ringing. It may just dissipate from this.

12. Not since the summer
    Everytime ive been to the doctor my blood pressure has been fine.
    Hopefully this is the case. This and static vision are a shitty combo, sometime seems like the static is giving off the noise lol. like a black n white static tv.

13. i've had the shit forever. it's pretty annoying at times. but for the most part, you learn to live with it. the funny thing is, i have excellent hearing. it's truly a strange affliction.

14. I hear that... no pun intended. I've been dealing with Tinnitus for the last 2 years now. For the first 3-4 months I literally went insane over it. I eventually accepted what it is and now just live with it :cool: Doctor doesn't know what caused it... who cares anymore I say. It just happens to people... it doesn't discriminate. Doc said it could go away with time but who knows. Burning a bowl makes it go away real quick!

15. Wish i could smoke, but it stopped in the left ear, thankfully. so its just in the right, as its been for months