Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Right...so.....platypuses, am i right!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by metaldubstepbud, Nov 17, 2011.

1. (I apologize if I didn't spell platypuses right) Okay but seriously how fucking cool would it be to have one of these as a pet?! Its a duck with a beever mixed! HOW COULD THAT GO WRONG. It even lays eggs, idk mabye im to high and this is a totttaaallllll high freek out but I think every stoner should be required to own one of these things... just cuz, its like a god damn lyger THIS SHIT IS MAGICAL. This would be my rant of the day ^_^

2. No...Dragons, now dragons are magical. I'm guessing you've never seen one, but let me tell you, those fuckers are majestic.:cool:

3. You do realize those things are venomous right?

4. Dude I swear to god I think you stalk me xDDDDDD If I had a pet dragon i would only be a fraction of a percent of how cool you are *bows humbly* :eek:

5. Hahahahaha what??? It has no teeth, they are beaked Up.

6. [quote name='"mushroomsatsuji"']You do realize those things are venomous right?[/quote]

only the males

7. https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Platypus_venom

8. "While both male and female platypuses are born with ankle spurs, only the male has spurs which produce a cocktail of venom,[23][24][25] composed largely of defensin-like proteins (DLPs), three of which are unique to the platypus.[26] The defensin proteins are produced by the immune system of the platypus. Although powerful enough to kill smaller animals such as dogs, the venom is not lethal to humans, but is so excruciating that the victim may be incapacitated."

wikipedia bro.

9. Even if they were venimous that would make them like 100% cooler to own. "sup guys this is my platypus" O_O "DUDE WTF, can i touch it?" "pshhhh no noob its poisonous!" *strokes it softly as it purrs* ahhhhhhh a boy can dream:p

10. like i said, only the dudes are venomous

11. The males have spurs that inject the venom! Platypus venom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"Although powerful enough to kill smaller animals,[2] the venom is not lethal to humans. However, it produces excruciating pain which may be intense enough to incapacitate the victim. Swelling rapidly develops around the entry wound and gradually spreads outwards. Information obtained from case studies shows that the pain develops into a long-lasting hyperalgesia that can persist for months but usually lasts from a few days to a few weeks.[3][8] A clinical report from 1992 showed that the severe pain was persistent and did not respond to morphine. There have been no reported human fatalities.[3]"

Not a good pet!

Granny

12. You spelled platypuses right, which is sorta funny since you spelled "beaver" as beever and "liger" as lyger :D

But yeah, other than the venom thing, it'd be pretty cool to have one :cool:

EDIT: Storm Crow! Good to see you :)

13. Wikipedia isn't a reliable source you effing noob, good oscarzetaacosta all of your statistics are folly O:<

14. ^^^btw wtf you all act like you cant deal with a little paralyzing venom, wtf pus**** i let cobras bite me ereyday.

15. Well how bout i go change the platypus wiki article to say they arent venomous!

16. So then technically your referencing a reference of another source? so wouldnt it be more "appropriate" to cite the original source all together o_O

17. Yeah, but it's usually a pain in the ass to read all the sources linked to from a Wikipedia article to find a concise version of the facts :cool:

18. As an Aussie all I can say is facepalm hehe. That's like getting a pet beaver....Wtf you going to do build a dam out the back? :p

19. id use its as a guard animal nothing says "get the fuck out of my bubble" like a hissing venomous duck-beaver