Right of Secession

Discussion in 'Politics' started by aaronman, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Well according to Chuck Norris Texas has the right to secede written in its constitution. But I'm not too sure, that thing is like 10,000 pages long with hundreds of amendments. It doesnt matter anyway, a state could not survive in a global market, even a state like Texas that has a relatively low deficit, and a decent business tax. Also I'm sure the Feds would be all butt hurt from a state leaving the union they would for sure hand over some of our national debt, and probably place and embargo to try and shut us out of the trading world.

2. What if the state's newly elected leaders interpret the constitution differently from you?

You have nowhere to run to.

3. If you're a citzen of a seceded state you'd have to go through immigration to live anywhere outside that state.

State rights >>> Secession

4. You must have missed the part where I said "follow the Constitution". If you actually read it, it's very "to the point" and not up for, as the Supreme Court likes to call it "interpretation" which is simply an excuse to skirt around it. The whole purpose is to get away from that BS, which means it will not fly...;)

5. #65 Deleted member 472633, Feb 15, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2012
    I assume you believe that we should all be subjects of the crown right now? That the Declartion of Independence and our secession from the British Empire was wrong? That all of our rights are secondary to the glory of the United States? Maybe you should read the Declaration of Independence come back and try again.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,"

6. I have a dislike for nation-states. So, no to the question, simply on principle. I hope that, one day, we can all stop being so... Silly... And instead unite so we can stop pissing away the resources of our shared world.

However, who am I to stand in the way of nation-state lovers? :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Yeah Voluntarism and Anarchy! Down with the State!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    It doesn't have to be anarcho capitalism whatever voluntary associations you want:
    [​IMG]

8. Anarchy makes little sense, though, if everyone were to adopt it I wouldn't mind. I'd just grab a real big stick and then rule the world... So, yeah, go anarchy... :)

9. So you think when your state secedes the elected leaders are always going to agree with you on everything?

Drugs, taxes, civil liberties, sex, euthanasia, segregation, privacy, etc

Are your state leaders all going to be clones of yourself?

10. Yeah that is not anarchy at all. Who told you that? The government run schools? Or the Corporate owned television? ;)

11. Oh? What is it if I may ask?

12. The whole reason the founders rebeled was because they had taxation WITHOUT REPRESENTATION.

The federal government is not a monarchy...If you don't like who's in power you kick them out.

What does the Declaration of Independence have to do with the fact that if the leaders of your seceded state start passing dumb fucking laws you'll be unable to move without going through immigration???

13. You didn't even read it did you> rather than reading about a subject you just quote something that was told to you in a government run school. Did it say taxation without representation in the selection? No! Read it and try again.

14. [quote name='"Messiah Decoy"']

So you think when your state secedes the elected leaders are always going to agree with you on everything?

Drugs, taxes, civil liberties, sex, euthanasia, segregation, privacy, etc

Are your state leaders all going to be clones of yourself?[/quote]

You do realize a state won't secede, unless there is some type of widespread social upheaval, a result of anything from Federal tyranny, to our dollar losing its value and we experience hyperinflation similar to Germany in the great depression.

And you can never expect to agree with a politician 100%, I don't agree with our political elites. Hell I don't agree with Dr. Paul on abortion, but according to him it isn't a federal issue, so I would have to bitch and more local politicians

15. It stands on these two principles:
    Voluntarism is sometimes used to mean the use of, or reliance on voluntary action to maintain an institution, carry out a policy, or achieve an end. In this context the word voluntary action means action based on free will, which in turn means action which is performed free from certain constraints. The constraint of (government) coercion is often considered in this context, where it remains the question what constitutes coercion.

The Non aggression principle- is a moral stance which asserts that aggression is inherently illegitimate. Aggression, for the purposes of the NAP, is defined as the initiation or threatening of violence against a person or legitimately owned property of another. Specifically, any unsollicited actions of others that physically affect an individual's property, including that person's body, no matter if the result of those actions is damaging, beneficiary or neutral to the owner, are considered violent when they are against the owner's free will and interfere with his right to self-determination, as based on the libertarian principle of self-ownership. Supporters of NAP use it to demonstrate the immorality of theft, vandalism, assault, and fraud. In contrast to pacifism, the non-aggression principle does not preclude violence used in self-defense.

16. You're just posting random quotes trying to distract from my original point which is:

If your seceded state has leaders you disagree with, you can't move to another state without going through immigration.

State rights >>> sucession.

17. You can't say why a state would secede. Some people want to secede everytime a democrat is in the White House.

I know you won't agree with politicians 100% of the time. But if at least now if you don't like a state's government, you can move to another state without a problem. If you live in a seceded state, you can't move without going through immigration.

State rights >>> Secession

18. [quote name='"Messiah Decoy"']
    You can't say why a state would secede. Some people want to secede everytime a democrat is in the White House.

I know you won't agree with politicians 100% of the time. But if at least now if you don't like a state's government, you can move to another state without a problem. If you live in a seceded state, you can't move without going through immigration.

State rights >>> Secession[/quote]

Word. Immigration would be a bitch to go through. Luckily I live in TX so if we do secede and i wanna leave, I can go find I seasoned pro at border crossing. :sneaky, sneaky:

19. What states rights are these? The federal prohibition of marijuana for example?:rolleyes:

Our government has had the same policy over decades of ignoring the Constitution, and especially the bill of rights, just for their sole purpose of supporting corporate interests, in regards of the rights of citizens.

The states have no rights, according to big government...:mad:

Thus, secession.:wave:

20. This thread was hella necromancied but it's relevant.

Individuals should have the right to secede.

If the government is created by people, endowed with power by those people and supposed to serve those people then their is no justification for the people being a slave to their creation.