Right is to wrong as wrong is to right?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Lotek-Rider, Feb 8, 2010.

1. How do we know what is right and what is wrong? One person says that its pointless to work everyday of your life until your old enough to retire and then "enjoy" life, while the other says live your early life traveling the world, becoming aware of your surroundings and worry about that stuff later?

It seems pretty obvious what is that "right" choice because society has made it clear what is right and what is wrong for everyone to abide by. So what makes that right? Should life be by what is right by your standards??? It seems like if you were to choose option B you would be going against the world as if you were to conform to option A you would be doing things correct. :confused::smoke:

2. i'd rather work, save up and retire. makes more sense to me. or you can be your own boss, have a business, charge fair prices for your services and get the best of both. That's somewhat difficult though ;).

3. I wouldn't say there's any "right" or "wrong" when it comes to choosing what you want to value most in your life.

Some people feel fulfilled by getting a degree, a career, being successful and making good money.
    Others feel fulfilled by simply spending time with loved ones, experiencing as much as they can, and trying to be a good person.

It all comes down to what you value most, no right or wrong about it.

Me personally, I don't buy into the career + success + money = happiness routine.
    I don't care if I end up doing some mundane $9/hour job for the rest my life, as long as I get to have plenty of good times with the people I love. I don't rate the quality of my life based on what I do to make money or how many material things I have. It's more about the people I get to spend my life around, and the things I get to experience.

Others may look at things differently... But as long as they're doing what makes them happy, who am I to judge?

4. can't buy homes, food, weed and necessities without money. without money we can't survive. Well, we could, but we'd be bums. I, for one, do NOT like using other people's money...I think it's rude and wrong, if someone offers I rarely take it too. People work hard for what they have for the most part and if they use their money for you, they're not getting what they made out of it.

I just get satisfaction out of doing work to earn money, it makes me feel like I'm worthwhile to someone to be paid for a service that makes them happy.

It really sucks you can't have a ton of fun without money. :|. If only life were free everyone would be happy, but it's unfortunate how money runs the world.

5. right and wrong are determind by the perspective of the individual.

6. Half the time we don't do what's right, but what's necessary.

I really doubt everyone is out in the workforce believing that they're doing great justices for the world, people have families to feed. It's natural progression to start off with nothing, build your career, and retire with something.

7. Left is right. when passing the L

8. actually being your own boss is like one of the most stressful time consuming things you can do especially when you start up you'll need like 5 years of 12 hour days every single day

i want to be rich because i want to drive a nice car and live in a nice neighborhood with a view that's conveniently near places i want to go. i like traveling and i like trees so i need money to feed those habits. then i want to retire early and go find myself a place in the canary islands or something where i can have sex and smoke weed everyday. so yea i think that's what's right for me but i guess for other people it could be different.

but here's the real question... is write to left wrong to right?

9. I wouldn't see either as being "right" or "wrong" really. Not everyone has the means to put their life on hold when they are young to go out and venture the world and experience life in that way. Naturally, those people go into the work force and begin building their careers and such.

As much as I would love to put college on hold for a few years until I can travel and see the world, I can not afford it, so I work. One day though, when I retire I am gunna be a rich old lady and spend my money doing things I never got a chance to do.
    Either option is good, just depends on your means and your situation and what makes you happy.

10. like a cougar...? :p