Right i want to get this myth out off the way!

Discussion in 'General' started by Smithy1, Jan 5, 2019.

1. I had 4 plants in my tent and one hermied started growing nanners i thought i could handle them by picking them off with tweezers and it all got to much one day and thought fuck it ill look right inside a nug and it was PACKCED with nanners so i panicked and chopped at week 5 and my other 3 plants have started growing seeds,

My other 3 plants are 7 weeks into flower now, Im currently picking around 10 seeds off my remainimg 3 plants a day, Some are small and green and some are near popping out mature seeds but they are not on the huge colas up top they are mainly on the bottom nugs.

Now this is my question that i really NEED Answering, Will these seeds be feminized and worth keeping?

Or if i germ and grow them will they just herm out?

Ive read that the nanners have pollen and that one nanner plant i had has pollinated my other 3 which are now producing seeds.

Im new to growing its only my second grow but this has been a lot better than my first my first was a disaster, I suppose you learn as you go heyyy.

Sorry for posting a lot but im getting different answers from our good old friend google.

2. Hey man, No, they wont be feminized, for that they would have had to have been from the same plant that hermied.
    Will they be hermies? Well that depends on if your plant was a hermie genetically, or if something with your environment caused the hermie. There is a chance that some will hermie, but if they're crosses theres a very good chance that they'll be good, so try them out. I would, It cant hurt.

3. If a female plant knocks its self up it will produce female seeds.. imo if a female plants gets stressed and produces manners and knocks up and other female. Ud think it’d be female also

• Like Like x 1
  4. It depends on why the plant hermies, is it because of stress or was it because the plant naturally was inclined to hermie. If its genetics, then stay away. If its because of environmental stress, then those seeds are going to be worthy to grow.
    From my understanding It happens because of where the genetic information comes from. If the plant knocks itself up, there's only that one female plants genetics. Thus fem seeds. Add in another plant, you have all of the mixes that can happen between the two even though they're both females theres a higher chance of getting a male. That said, I'm not a botanist. I'm sure there's others here will have a better understanding of breeding than I, and will correct me if I'm wrong, but as I understand it, that's how it works.

• Like Like x 1
  5. You are on your second grow, you would benefit from buying the best seeds you can find. The cost of even expensive seeds is about zero compared to what your harvest is worth so forget about making your own seeds for now, feminized or whatever. After you get some experience growing and have learned enough you don't need to ask basic questions such as are hermie made seeds female you can then produce your own seeds if you want. I know growing is exciting, I've been growing 45 years and still get excited over my crop so I understand but you are still very much a beginner so for now leave the seed production to those with a complete understanding of the process.

To answer your question, your seeds may be worth keeping but it won't be worth growing them out to see. You've already discovered the frustration of seeing your crop seeded and I know you're trying to make something good out of a bad situation but until you're more experienced stick with what you know works.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I havent a clue why the one plant hermied i feel i done everything right i even fot my missus to turn the light off in the spare room and have me stand in the tent zip the tent up and there was no light leaks at all i coudnt even see my arm infront off me, As for the seeds they are from a decent breeder well what i thought was decent (Royal Queen Seeds) i ordered 3 White Widows and 3 Royal cheese and germed 4 and all 4 grew i still have one seed left off each, I choose these strains because apparently so i read they are good for beginners plus i had heard good things about RQS.

7. I bought my seeds from Royal Queen Seeds i got 3 white widows and 3 royal cheeses i germed 4 out off them 2 off each strain and they grew lovely, Just apart from this one plant hermie issue that has pollinated my other 3 judging by the seed pods i can see and seeds coming out off a few off them im currently just picking them off,

Ive done a lot off research and read a lot off reviews on the net and i bought 5 White Widows off Sensi Seeds ive read and heard they are a good breeder so hopefully in a few months time ill have some lovely dense nugs off white widow, Plus do you think i can cram all 5 seeds into my 1x2 1x2 2m tent? Or when they grow out and flower will there be hardly no room for 5?

Ive also ordered more canna A+B and a 1L bottle off canna boost, £50 the boost was!!

8. Intresting post that, So are you saying i could have breeded my own strain accidentally on my second ever grow lol? White Widow Cross Royal cheese?

9. They will likely be feminized seeds. However considering they came from a hermaphrodite plant, subsequent generations are likely to exhibit the same genetic expression. I would not keep them or bother growing them personally. Too much work to be starting with junk genetics.

10. #10 Sirtootsalot, Jan 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2019
    Essentially. It's a plant at the end of the day, so although we put all of these requirements and importance on it, it's still just a weed. They can put up with a lot of beatings and poor environment, and still grow. Hermies are a self preservation thing, so if a female is flowering, and gets stressed, its going to make nanners in order to reproduce by any way possible. That's how a lot of plant species survive.

Cactus brought up a good point about not worrying about this yet, and getting some successful grows under your belt before thinking of breeding. My first order of attack would be getting your environment solid. In my opinion it's the most important part of growing healthy plants. Best of luck.
    Weird. Were they feminized seeds? Hows your temps? How long did your plants go in flower? I've heard good things about rqs, but it wasn't first hand.

11. They are still in flower as we speak buddy 7 weeks and 1 day, Thats what im saying i found a nanner plant at week 5 off flower so i started to just pluck them off then i opened a bud up and there was a fair few off them inside the bud so i chopped and dried it, Now i have 3 left 7 weeks in flower and they are 8 weekers, So im plucking seeds out with tweezers everyday inbetween 5-10 some look mature seeds with brown stripes on and some are very tiny and underdeveloped, They are mainly on the lower buds to not on the huge colas on topped i topped the plants 3 times so i have a few nice colas lol But yeah its mainly on the lower buds where you can see a bunch off seeds pods forming and some nearly popping out.

12. You'll be fine, itll still smoke good. finish these off and start over with new seed stock. Save the seeds and throw them outside, or try later knowing they might herm.

• Like Like x 1

13. Yeah suppose your right, Im just a little dissapointed because i spent nearly £500 on my first setup, With my tent all the Canna nutes, canna coco coir, seeds. Bloody expensive hobby setting it all up, Im only doing this so im not buying off dealers, Its Grade A weed where i live in the U.K that you get off them its top shelf the best off but the only downside is you get 0.7 for £10 and 1.5 for £20, Its fucking extortion i remember years ago when i first started smoking you could pick up inbetween 1.5g - 1.8g for £10.

14. I hear you, but dont sweat it. Every problem is a learning experience and soon you'll be trying to out do your last harvest. The most expensive part is behind you. Just make sure you cut your plants when they are ready and not when the breeders say.

15. Yeah i will do buddy cheers dor the advise, Like you say its a learning experience and im pritty sure im going to nail my next grow ill have a good clean in and around my tent after harvest, Also i need a loup for the trichomes.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Right on, I bet you crush it.

• Agree Agree x 1