Right Hemicolectomy

Discussion in 'General' started by 420blazed, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Last week I had a right hemicolectomy because last year I had my appendix taken out and it was pretty inflamed, and I had tests done(colonoscopy/MRI scan) because I wasn't feeling myself a few months after the operation. I got a phone call from the hospital saying the tests/pictures show that where my appendix was the stitching had come undone and stuff had leaked which was causing me to be ill. So I had to have a right hemicolectomy which is where they remove part of your bowel and colon and connect it all back or something. I got discharged from hospital yesterday and it's going to take about 2 weeks for me to fully recover as I'm still pretty fragile (hurts to walk/move :().
    I just wanted to know has anyone else ever had this operation before or know of anyone who has had it done?

2. Don't know anyone who's had it, but I hope you recover well. Personally the kind of surgery where they have to cut you open is just... it makes me feel weird thinking some dude was sticking things inside me. Not like sexual, but like physically violated, you know? In my personal bubble. :smoke:

Glad the operation went well. :D

3. Yeah I understand where you're coming from ahaha :p and thanks :)

4. Have you considered any legal action re: the stitches?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07xcVlEoidU]YouTube - Right Hemicolectomy Surgery[/ame]

5. Haven't had a hemicolectomy but I do have a pretty gruesome appendicitis horror story

6. :eek: Duuuuude, just... why did I watch the whole thing?????? *shiver*

7. I really wish I never watched that, it's even scarier knowing that happened to you holy fuck:eek:

8. Here's to a speedy recovery!:D:smoke:

9. Thanks man much appreciated :D

10. man watchin vids or seeing medical procedures you've had is damn near horrifying lol i've seen some crazy shit in my mom's office (works at a surgery center taht houses most surgeons for our area) o i've also had moles n such removed for free and i got to watch it happen!! it was kinda interesting.

Man i got plenty of stomach problems hopefully your surgery gets you feelin right!!