Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rig set up question

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by OneLove, Feb 25, 2016.

1. Hey guys I recently picked up a small pendant rig with a quartz nail. I've been smoking shatter for quite some time now but mainly through pens and on top of bud. I'm finding I just really cant seem to get a good hit, it's not that im not getting high but it's definitely not hitting very hard. It's cherry OG medicinal have had no problems with it up until now. I'm heating until red hot, giving it about 8-10 seconds to cool then dabbing, it all goes up in smoke but I just dont seem to be getting the greatest hits. I plan on upgrading the nail to a domeless, and ill eventually get a better rig but I just wasn't into it enough to spend the money I've always been more of a flower guy. Maybe its just that my tolerance is way too high because it is but im not entirely convinced. I attached a few pics. Maybe somebody can help me out here thanks.

Attached Files:

2. Hmm, I'm going to go with the nail being your issue. Those glass ones are just meant to be temporary. But without actually trying the piece myself I am not sure that is the issue.

3. Wouldn't the angle make the oil slide down the nail before vaporizing it all?

4. If your dab is all going up in smoke and you're inhaling all the smoke that's all you can do with any rig.

5. I think I was just dabbing too big for the size of the nail. Ive replaced it with a domeless ceramic it works much better. Thanks guys