Riff raff is killin the rap game

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by cDub 2 Trill, Mar 25, 2013.

1. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EDWumOJjKVg&list=UU4cCjKsLJiYTZFnhROl7Ihg&index=1]PROMO : JUMPiNG OUT THE GYM - YouTube[/ame]
    In case you weren't aware.

2. its natural selection. the people who think this is good music will simply breed inferior children who will eventually die off. Only the strong survive

3. Shit just got serious, after all music is serious.

4. He's funny as hell.

All troll shit anyways, if you take it serious well. Sorry for you. Just bump the bass.

5. I hate when rappers try to sing..someone should tell them they suck

6. rap game Pol Pot

7. "So much ice on my hand it looks like I slap boxed a penguin"
    - Riff Raff

Lyric genius

8. " seats made by koala, seat belt coca-cola, diamonds on my lil baby stroller, riff raff you aint got no kids, when I was 4 years old diamonds on my bib"- freestyle

9. These motherfuckers wearing girl pants, and catering their music to females are killing the game.

10. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yI0cmlIUtyU]RiFF RAFF - GOiN HAMiLTON (Official Video) - YouTube[/ame]

11. What exactly do you mean when you say they are catering their music to women?

12. He is killing rap because he has a sense of humor and doesn't act like rap is some sacred object that is super cereal?

So are like some OG thug who goes around fucking snatches just crawling with stds from everyone on the street, all while shooting cops and drinking sizzurp?

If not you're killing the rap life.

See how stupid your argument is?

Shit defending rap and I don't even listen to it :laughing:

13. #13 full melt, Mar 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2013
    I'm convinced people that act this way (attacking others tastes) don't actually enjoy listening to hip hop or even music in general because its basically a job for them.

They just found another outlet to "express who they are" through a collection of works and lifestyles other people have created/lived which have been deemed glamerous by others. They have no real passions in life so they leech off something accesible but figure if they are pretentious enough people will mistake it for some kind of knowledge, passion or some other worthwhile quality instead of insecurity. It's totally pathetic but its a major part of the hip-hop community, especially amongst white people.

As for my thoughts on riff raff. I met him and action a while ago and he is a hilarious dude. Don't much care for his music but he's got some shit out I don't mind when I'm at the right altitude if you know what I'm saying.

14. Are you talking about me or the op?

I ask cuz depending on how you look at it defending something you don't like can be called pretentious.

15. #15 full melt, Mar 29, 2013
    Oh, sorry man. I re-read what I wrote and made a little edit just to clarify I wasn't straight up attacking you out of no where, lol. I agree with what you said.

OP likes riff as well. He was using "Killin' the rap game" as a term of endearment I believe

16. Take a bow Hip Hop your time is over, its time for Electronic Dance Music to hop on the main stage.

17. There's a difference between terrible and so bad it's good. Riff Raff is in the former category. Action Bronson was stupid to let him be on Bird on a Wire.

18. Oh shit I feel like a fool then :p

Damn kids these and their crazy slang :laughing:

My music of choice has one slang to cover everything, and that is metal (the genre and the endearmnet coincedently :p)

19. Why Rap is Going Down, Down, Down, Down, Down | Commonplace

Article sums it up pretty well as to why Hip Hop and Rap have been in the decline.

20. #20 full melt, Mar 29, 2013
    That's a pretty ridiculous article, man. It's an ignorant opinion peice presented as fact with misleading information that was written by someone who knows nothing of the history of the genre beyond a few Wikipedia entries he read as research. I'm not offended by the subject matter, that's just seriously an awful article.

Anyways, I don't understand why a genres popularity holds any relevance to the listener and I REALLY don't understand the motive behind whatever kind of point you're trying to make in this thread is.