riddle

Discussion in 'General' started by skurfy007, Sep 29, 2008.

1. At the local store a shop assistant informs him that The Amazing Flyguncosts 30 coins. A bit short , the friends decide to pool their money, each contributing 10 coins. They pay and rush out to start hunting flies.

The assistant mentions to the manager that another Amazing Flygun had been sold and hands over the 30 coins. "But they are on a special this week," says the manager, "we are selling them for only 25 coins."

The assistant dashes out to catch up with the 3 friends. But he has a problem – how does one share 5 coins between 3 people? He comes up with a solution– secretly he slips 2 coins into his own pocket. Catching up with the friends, he then refunds them one coin each.

So each friend spent 10 coins, minus the one coin returned, that totals 9 coins each … there are 3 friends so that makes a grand total of 27 coins … the assistant has 2 coins

2 + 27 = 29 coins !!!!!

WHERE IS THE MISSING COIN ????

2. Cost Of Gun

25 Coins
    + 3 Returned
    + 2 In Managers Pocket

=

30 Coins

That is some perplexing ass wording.

3. yeah what? I through the math and it all checks out... he has 2 in his pocket, 3 that were returned (thats 5 overall), and the thing cost 25.

So it all works...

What makes that difficult at all? It seems pretty simple..

4. 9 * 3 = 27
    25 paid for the item, 2 went to the assistant (25 + 2 = 27)

5. #5 skurfy007, Sep 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2008
    i dont know why but when i last did this i got a mild headache

wait

they each got nine coins part fucked me up lol

6. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!:p

7. Yeah that's the wording of it, thats the part that fucks with your head. I have no idea how or why it doesn't add up that way.

but, if you play it out again in a different way...

The item Costs 25 Coins

+3
    +2

=

8. Hey wait a minute! thats not a riddle at all.....its a math problem. ewwww

Thanks for harshing my nice high with a math problem. lol

9. The Kids SPENT 9 coins each... that's the answer to the riddle

There is no missing coin.

9 * 3 = 27 MINUS the two assistants coins EQUALS the sum of the actual price of the Amazing Flygun, 25 coins.