Rick perry epic fail speech.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by hoboleader, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Rick Perry

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7M4gz97Y9W8&feature=player_embedded]Perry's Cornerstone Speech Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

as steves jobs always said...

oh wow, oh wow, oh wow.

2. & to think that this new personality is what he thinks is his best way to gain support, shows how stupid he is.

3. i thought he was just tipsy

4. I think he is just fucking around, trying to be casual with his audience. I don't think he is stupid enough to be drinking before an event.

5. he was talking pretty slurry ..

6. Yeah I don't think he was drunk. If I understand the facts correctly, this speech was at like 9pm when he gave it. It's simply political pandering in how he delivers the message to a given audience. It's a less formal approach to hopefully win over more supporters with a temporary show of being youthful. It's no different pandering than how Obama orates differently to an audience of African Americans compared to how he speaks to Caucasian voters.

7. But it would be pretty cool if people thought he was drunk. I'd gladly accept that rumor spreading fast and far!

EDIT: People in the audience laughing at another neo-con, foolish, drunk, Texan

8. Yeah. Listen to Bush's old speeches. Speeches he gives in Texas, and speeches he give in NYC are night and day.

9. Well Bush was probably drunk 1/2 the time too. ;)

10. i want what hes on

11. Hahaha I was gonna post that; not one for politics usually but that speech gave me quite a laugh.

12. and this guy was leading in the polls for a month...

politics isnt a joke and hes making a joke out of it. an occasional joke is fine, but he failed.

13. It just shows how he feels about the whole thing. I'm sure he really sees the whole thing as a joke. I think Bush thought of it that way also.

14. John Haggee, Rick Perry, AND Glen Beck all in one place? Unholy alliance?