Rich getting richer, poor getting poorer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Chewbracca, Jan 21, 2011.

1. How do you feel about the top 1%

How do you feel about the bottom 95%

?

2. What happened to the other 4% :confused:

3. dont worry about it..:devious:

4. i think thats whats left of the middle class.

5. I can tell you what it feels like to be somewhere in the bottom of that 95%.

It fucking sucks.:(

6. im in the invisible 4% mwhahaha :cool: we could be above the top or bellow the bottom or just in the middle you shall never know

7. Jealousy.

Pity.

8. federal reserve

9. dude....."federal reserve" is not a feeling.

10. Oh ohkay.

1% - Im glad they found what they love in life, which I'm assuming is money.

95% - :rolleyes:

4% - ?!?!?

11. its what i feel when i hear about income disparity, inflation and interest and the movement of money upwards and what not

12. i dunno about the other 98% but i like being in the top 1%... i've never had to work in my life and i quit like it. my parents give me $25,000 a month and i don't really have to pay for rent at a house or anything because i just live in the guest house which is 4,000 sq feet, so it's not too big but i guess i can't complain... it is on the waterfront though which i like, they have to get the shitty view from on top of the hill hahaha. oh well.

/troll

I don't know if the top 1% really care for anything but more money and power... they really are blind to what it's like to live in poverty, and I think most Americans are too... we have it really really really nice compared with the rest of the world.

13. the rich keeps doing the things that make them rich
    poor keeps doing the things that make them poor

14. Lobbying government.

Voting for people who get lobbied, not paying attention to gov. enough to realize when they're getting screwed.

15. #15 AHuman, Jan 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2011
    Agreed, brother, fucking agreed...

The 1%-ers, if it's any comfort to us down below, have no souls and thus 'enjoy' lives of infinite yet meaningless opulence - this, in my books, isn't really life at all, it's simply sustained, extravagant existence. They have nothing that they can possibly gain and yet literally everything in the world to lose should 95% of the world wake up to the horrors of their bloodsucking untouchability and recompensate them in kind for the systemic oppression they wage against everyone who bucks their control. This is surely going to come, every dog has its day and their day at the expense of the rest of the world draws closer to a close with each and every 'investment' they engage in...

I think they're disgusting, the only community they have is other rich cunts who would be constantly looking to knife their 'friends' in the back for a bigger slice of the pie. They have no idea what a 'neighbour' is, no idea what a 'friend' is, no idea about anything except the furtherance of their own greed. When I was a kid, my Dad was chronically unemployed and we got both our power and water shut off a lot of the time from not being able to afford the bills, sometimes at the same time. Whenever we did, our somewhat more well off neighbour would let us use her hose for water whenever we wanted and would feed an extension cord from her window through to our window so we had power, not to mention often giving us whatever food she had leftover from her meals. Later, when Dad got a job and we officially became 'working class' rather than honourary members of the fucking 'dole class', one of our government-housed neighbours got in exactly the same situation... no money for bills, so he lost all his essential services. And exactly like our generous neighbour before us, we gave him all the power and water he wanted, we even let him use our shower.

I tell this because this is what human beings do, this is humanity at work - and this is what the rich lack, instead of helping their neighbour while he's down they exploit the opportunity for profit. The rich - not all of them, anyhow, but a lot of the more 'enterprising' ones and certainly every single bastard in that 1% mark - have no souls, I sometimes have doubts as to whether they are actually human beings. As I say, they lack humanity, care nothing for human community besides how far they can exploit it for profit, care nothing for human welfare besides their own welfare, care nothing for anyone except for themselves. GREED did this to them, WEALTH did this to them, these pyschological parasites destroy the mind by cementing themselves in there and using the rich person as nothing but a vehicle to serve the interests of greed/wealth itself, indirectly benefiting the rich man by serving these memes of greed/wealth.

Therefore, it's my conclusion that rich people are sick... they've been infected by a parasitic, predatory meme that uses them to further the interests of the meme itself, at the detriment of everyone else. Thus, rich people are in some ways to be pitied... and in every sense of the word must be treated, like any other sick person the cancer must be flushed out to let the person regain control of themself as a person again. How to treat them, I don't know, all I know is that it's very much immoral in a revolutionary situation to simply kill/imprison rich people for their crimes against humanity because it's not entirely their fault, much the same as it's wrong to kill a pedophile if he has no control over his sexual inclinations. He is sick and must be treated to help him, same applies to the rich...

And that's my little rant all wrapped up... :p

16. Campaign finance is down the drain thanks to the Supreme Court, an institution based on partisanship with presidential appointments to "neutrally" judge the Constitution.

So yeah, standby for more of the rich getting richer and poor getting poor.

Without that campaign finance reform, politics will still be a game of $.

17. I think no matter how wealthy or poor you are, life sucks, then you die. I actually feel pity for a lot of rich people who think they can try and escape that fact by buying happiness. I take pride in being poor and absolutely loving every minute of life. It still sucks, but I'm thoroughly optimistic, and I'd like to see a rich person buy that.

18. What about poor people whom become rich?

19. I generally think most people are miserable, so I don't see how that changes by becoming rich. The only difference is rich people think buying expensive toys will make them happy, and then when it doesn't, they get depressed. It's a paradox, if you think about it. Poor people dream about becoming rich because they think being rich will make them happy, and the rich people dream about being happy. Conclusion: Almost no one is happy, no matter their circumstances.

20. they have actually done studies on this, and what they have found is: money can buy you happiness....up to about 10% above the poverty line. after that you need more meaningful things to make you happy.