rich are still getting richer

Discussion in 'Politics' started by craigd89, Feb 24, 2011.

1. The rich are getting richer faster due to the state tilting market forces in their favor.

2. Let's take that money from the rich and give it to the poor! They work harder and deserve it more! Rich people suck and have no heart! Poor people are alot more compassionate and help out there fellow man more.

3. Oh yeah, and if you go to the website shown at the end of the video, you'll find that it's the IHS which is the propaganda arm of Koch Industries.

Someone in the top .01% wouldn't have interest in tweaking statisitcs to make it seem like he's not really get rich any faster than the bottom 1%.

double:rolleyes:

4. Just wanted to share this awesome quote from Jackson's bank veto:

[SIZE=-1]
    [/SIZE]

Is that your proof that the poor are getting poorer?

5. "your odds of being a millionaire 1 in 22"

"congress' odds of being a millionaire 1 in 2"

i wish i could vote on legislature before and after i purchase my stocks.

how is the income bracket for high middle class, 350k, at 30% when billionaires are at "36.4" or "32.4" after bush tax cuts in effect.

6. Great quote from AJ.

When are people going to realize this battle is not a new one but one that has been fought from the inception of this great nation?

7. the rich already have money so they are free to invest it and double or triple it. the "poor" or less well off people have to work physically demanding jobs for dramatically less pay out. its unfair. this is another reason why i absolutely dispise governments and society in general. because society is for the most part accepting of this. why would one person EVER need 20million dollars? if i had even 2million you bet your ass i'd invest the shit out of it and never work again my entire life.

8. The rich getting richer clearly has nothing to do with the fact that Government intervenes heavily in the market. Nope. It's all because of that evil free market, and to fix it, we just need to add millions more pages of regulation ontop of the tens of millions we already have. That's right! I wonder how many times the Economic Interverntionists need to be proven wrong before they realize...

I also have a thought experiment. How does Bill Gates getting richer affect you? If Bill Gates makes a hundred million dollars tomorrow, does that mean he took .30$ from every resident in the United States? Is the Economy a zero-sum pie?

9. The "video" doesn't cite its sources, but the person who uploaded the video was nice enough to cite some sources.

10. To whom are you presenting this argument to?

I sincerely hope it is not me for you would he misdirecting your energies and efforts to someone who doesn't believe in the viewpoint you're arguing against.

In fact I believe government is the PROBLEM in society, not the solution. My humble opinion.

Again I'm not trying to argue, just trying to understand who you are directing this towards. I agree with just about everything I've seen you post.

11. People who advocate government intervention in the economy I presume (not you :p).

12. I'm just putting it out there in the universe, not really directed at anyone.

13. Word.

I like it.:D

14. Lol, my attitude is mistaken for defensive over the net but recognized as inquisitive in my community.

I need to learn to bridge the gap. :p :cool:

15. Nope.

Just pointing out that the video isn't just something some average citizen sitting at his computer made.

It's Libertarian propaganda straight from the horse's mouth.

Just as I'm sure someone would point out that it was funded by George Soros, were it funded by George Soros.

16. And what makes you think that was written by a "Lib"?

OMG! They're trying to end the police state!!!

Yeah, that sounds like "Lib" talking points to me. :rolleyes:

Lame.