Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

rice stuck in perc

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by 370z420, May 10, 2013.

1. my friend tried to clean my bong and put rice in it.
    there is like 8 peices of rice stuck in between the arms of he perc.
    any suggestions on on how to get them out?

2. yeah rice like the food haha

3. Must have been baked as hell

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nah, rice is legit.

I'm not surprised it stuck in the perc but it works great as an abrasive to clean my straight tube.

It probably just needs to soak and loosen up; fill it up (I'd use hot water at first), maybe give it a good shake. Others might recommend cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, Simple Green, etc.

Post some pics!! Might be able to grasp it a 'lil more.

5. Put some very hot water in there the rise will soak up and get soft eventually it will break down then clean it with some rubbing alcohol and your good man

6. Here is pic

Attached Files:

7. What have you tried so far?

You could try filling the bong from the top and then blow into the opening (like you're taking a hit, but blow instead of inhale) to see if it'll force the rice to move.

8. I think boiling water will work

9. Wouldn't that just make the rice bigger? :D

10. it would probably soften it up and let it free from where it is
    i am going to try hot water tommarow

11. It would also soften it up.

12. Lol, I was kidding -_-

13. why do people have to do stupid things

14. LMAO!! Your friend is a certain kinda special.

15. There's a way to take the rice out with physics ;)

So if you have a shower head or high pressure preferably hot water coming out of somewhere, direct it to the top of your the chamber in your perc let it fill. Then violently shake rotate it again and again with the high pressure water rushing in from the top of the chamber(where your mouth goes). You are rotating it 180 degrees very abruptly and pausing every now and then with the base of the perc facing the sky(upside down). You will begin to see the rice that was stuck in the chamber float up to the base(bong water holder part) = success!

Now you can direct the rice straight out the stem area of the bong and repeat as many times as it takes to get all the rice out. All of it WILL come out. When you pause it when your bong upside down you are making the rice float up to an area where it's easy to get the rice out :)

Enjoy. Copy and paste if you will to save other perc owners some stress lol. There I was ready to put some Coca-Cola in my perc dreading the fact that I won't be able to toke till all the lil rice dissolve .. then my mind kicked in ;)

16. I'll be honest, literally the best thing I have ever used to clean my pieces with is this stuff called "Goof Off". You can get it at home depot. Very little effort and it will make pipes look brand new. Make sure you rinse it out real good with some sort of dish soap and water. Let it air out for 20 min or so before you use it though so your not inhaling chemicals.