Rhode Island Decriminalizes Marijuana

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by jbergsie, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Woot, early morning bump on the first day of decrim in RI.

2. Congrats people from RI, enjoy your one step closer to legalization! Not putting people in jail is a huge start, but isn't the end yet!

3. sweet.........now i can drive from mass to rhode island and be safe

4. I was about to create a thread on this when I ran into this thread, it's about time we decriminalized this beautiful plant. The next step for RI is legalizing wish us luck GC and fellow RI'ers don't forget to support the hope for legalized dope

5. hell yeah, RI knows whats up! probably going to stop the drug war for the most part there. cant wait for the day when wisconsin opens their eyes and decriminalizes or legalizes it.:hello::smoking:

6. Way to go, Rhode Island! Next, you need to get it legal like Washington and Colorado! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Here's a second article on it!

Possessing a little marijuana no longer criminal in Rhode Island

I am happily educating folks in the comments! Come join me! :devious: The prohibs always put their foot in their mouths! And I shove it in to the knee! :laughing:

Granny :wave:

7. #8 floating_by, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
    Don't go over an ounce and pay those fines immediately if you do get caught.
    Non-payment of the $150 fine doubles every 30 days. $600 fine in 90 days' time.
    Lose your licence for 6 months if over an ounce, 100 hours community service, and drug classes. 3 times in 18 months it goes on your record and becomes misdemeanor.

MN decrim'd in the 1970's. We have 26 drug task forces last I checked.
    Not hardly. ;):wave:

I see de-crim as being very negative. Less pressure on the end users means more use. More use means more demand for growers, who are still subjected to criminal penalty, and often times, they UP the penalties for growing as part of these bills. Longer, more lucrative sentences to make up for fewer "customers" in the prisons. It's like an accounting shift, really. Meanwhile, more criminal pressure by prosecutors means higher prices for end users. De-crim sucks, really. It makes as many or more problems than it "solves."

8. So I see there's no loophole like there is in Massachusetts, where if you do get fined you can basically throw away the ticket careless of any consequences....

9. So wait....u get a fine, but u get to keep ur weed?

10. No sir they confiscate your goods