Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Rheumatoid Arthritis: Please Help

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Gemstoner, Nov 6, 2014.

1. Hi. I'm trying to help someone find the best cannabis treatment for Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA). Just about everything I've read says that cannabis helps, but I can't find the treatment protocol. Are there any people for whom cannabis either cured or put RA deep into remission? If so, was the success achieved by using RSO at a dose saturation level?

2. you need high levels of CBD. if you have your medical card, it'll be 100 times easier

getting your hands on medicinal CBD extracts. stick to sativas so you can still

have energy and ingest CBD as an anti-inflammatory

3. For the patient, access to meds isn't the issue. What we need to know is the best dose and best CBD/THC ratio to treat RA. Thanks!

4. Hi Gemstoner,
    I am that person you are looking for. I'm 46 and I've had severe, crippling RA for the last 5 years. But 5 months ago I started juicing the leaf and bud of the cannabis plant and after just 12 days of juicing I was able to go off of ALL pharmaceuticals. It's been about 5 1/2 months now of drinking daily cannabis juice smoothies and I feel great. Not in full remission yet because I haven't had the chance to juice a high CBD strain yet. Anyway if you want to learn more, check out my YouTube video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2LGelahmyk. And if your friend does try it and has success, can you please give me a testimonial for my book? I think testimonials are very psychologically powerful. Good luck! Oh, by the way, you can often get leaf for free or cheap from growers as they just usually throw it away. In the state I live in (Maine) they're called "caregivers" and they're licensed through the Department of Health and Human Services. Bud is more powerful if you can get it but leaf works great, too. It has 100% changed my life. I'm in love with cannabis!!
    Katie

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks Katebo68 - I watched your video and like it! I don't doubt that raw cannabis is beneficial, but are there also benefits in treating RA from active THC. One big plus to raw cannabis is that it isn't psychoactive, which means that it can be taken in mega doses. That suggests that dose saturation is important in treating RA.

The question is still whether raw cannabis (or CBD in any form) is even better when combined with decarboxylated THC (for treating RA); and if so, what is the optimal dose?

6. I have RA and have smoked cannabis since high school. It has helped me not need painkillers, though still 1 antiinflammatory and 1 biologic which is still a lot less than I used to take. I use High THC-High CBD sativa strains because Sativas reduce fatigue which is a big part of the disease, THC has antiinflammatory properties and CBD helps pain. Try something with a 1:1 - 2:1 THC to CBD ratio. I would also recommend vaping and trying edibles as well to reduce the harm done from smoking.