rhcp Fans, Scar Tissue

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by burnttwaffle, Mar 3, 2008.

1. #1 burnttwaffle, Mar 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    well i was just browsin around the forums and listening to the chilis ( one of my favroteite bands ever) and i stumbled upon the book written by the singer Anthony Keidis. The book is simply put increidible in the 2 days i had it i read the whole thing. it gives a lo of detail starting with Anthonys chilhood meeting the peppers and everything.

it was also a very inspirational book dealing with drugs and addictions, love and fame. anyways id really reccomend it to anyway, im putting this in the music hall cause it deals with ALOT of there music and im just appreciating the band.

so anyway write wat you like or dislike about the book, the band, and their career w.e just another general RHCP thread, in my mind, they never get old.

2. RHCP are dope. a few of my favorites are scar tissue, soul to squeeze, otherside, and by the way. of course there are so many more.

i like listening to them more when im alone though, and not with a bunch of people. maybe thats just me. especially when im driving back to SD from San Luis Obispo, CA on the 101South, spliff in mouth

3. The Chili Peppers have been my favorite band since i was like 10 or 11....i thought going into high school that nothing could ever take my appreciation for them further

..then I saw the Slane Castle DVD which absolutely blew me away...it took my appreciation for them to a new level..once again to a point that i thought couldn't be surpassed

...then I saw them live (numerous times) which did it again

...then I read Scar Tissue....and once again i gained an entire new perspective

i feel like the songs just mean so much more now....i mean, you can always speculate as to what a certain song is about...but when it comes right from Anthony's pen, and on top of that, putting it in perspective with how insane his life was, it just means so much more

one of my favorite books no doubt..a must read for any RHCP fan

by the way (no pun intended)...if you like their music check out some of their B-Sides...a lot of people don't get to hear them and there's some really great ones...here's some:

Millionaires Against Hunger
    Gong Li
    Quixoticelixer
    Bunker Hill
    Time
    Eskimo
    Joe

edit: Leverage of Space and Rolling Sly Stone from Live in Hyde Park are amazing as well

4. ....word, u [retty much said it all

5. i love john frusciante. and i love blood sugar sex magik...every single second and note of that album. and in an interview with high times, john said he never really got into pot until blood sugar when flea had told him he recorded every song prior to then (1991) high off chronic. so both of them were stoned off their asses when they made bssm. its arguably their "weed" album. and imo the greatest music in the history of music... or noise.

6. Yeah the book is fucking amazing. I recommend it to everyone it is the only book i have ever liked. no joke. Anthony went through so much crazy shit it is unbelievable. I mean he fucked his dad's 18 year old girlfriend with his dads permission. But yeah go read the book if you havent already.

7. one of my friends had this book and let me read it. great read! anthony kiedis had a fucked up life.

8. i love red hot chili peppers, i grew up listening to all their shit.

they're such a great band to skate to, put on on a road trip, blaze to, or anything.

i loved being in southern california cruising the streets with my girlfriend last summer listening to under the bridge.

great, great band, though i must say their new stuff is not as great as their old stuff, but that happens to all bands at some point.

still, they're legit.

9. Book is awesome indeed, I also read it in 2 days then my (enjoyed the pictures, one is a series of thumbnails of him hitting a joint for the first time when he was 12 or so...) But then my friend borrowed it and I havent seen in a loong time.Great Book

10. Scar Tissue is the best book i ever read. I have no idea how a man could do that much coke and heroin and still be alive, but i'm glad he is. Although i love Anthony, Chad is definately my favorite of the group, because he never complained or let his ego get in the way of the band, he just continued to beat the shit out of the drums no matter how many problems the other guys were going thru.

Anyways i hated claire in the book, she was such a bitch. If i were Anthony i would slapped that skank right across the face. I also hate Jack Sherman he was a stuck up asshole, who had no idea how to have any fun.

Does anyone know if theres a book like this about Brad Nowell?

11. I thought you were talking about the song Scar Tissue... I love that album (Californication).