RFID chips...good or bad?

Discussion in 'General' started by chronictoker, Jul 24, 2007.

1. I don't know how much you guys know about microchips and all, but they are implanted in pets now a days and some ppl are getting them, too.

they have so many possibilities, both good and bad...

I don't know what to think yet...all stoner paranoia aside...they could have the power to change our lives for the better.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2002835871_chipimplant01.html

2. I refuse to have any type of chip implanted into my body. Fuck that, and fuck whoever wants to try to put it in me.

3. They are all part of the bigger picture...

A cashless enslaved society that can be tracked at all times.

You want to protest the up and coming tyranical police state? They'll just turn off your chip or arrest you where you are.

You know right now... under the patriot you act you can be arrested and legally tortured without access to a lawyer?

4. Good or bad? Impossible to answer with anything other than both! :)

I'd get one implanted... but it would be my own chip by my own doctor, when I wanted to...

It'd be sick to just grab the door knob and turn, the door unlocking automatically. Or resting your hand on the roof of your car while opening the door, blammo -- unlocked :)

Or just by grabbing the steering wheel your car would start, tune to the right radio station/playlist, the seat would move to where you want it, etc...

Ahhh the easy life ;)

Though the privacy aspects of RFID terrify me to my very core :( welcome to 1984, we're just a few years late...

5. exactly...fuck being a slave. no chips or numbers for me. i don't even trust doctors with their shots. haven't had any shots for a long ass time. what's really weird is i haven't really been sick for a long ass time too.

6. werd....

7. Calm down,

thats only IF they suspect you are a terrorist.

They do not have the power to do this to anyone- atleast yet.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If RFID chips are used for purposes such as inventory, and shit like that I'm fine with it.

Putting chips in people is too far out there to actually see happening- and I think is a waste of time to worry about that happening to us, or our next generations.

I mean, there was that guy in Texas that wanted all females to have that HPV vaccination, it was actually a law for a very short period of time (if I remember correctly)- until everyone realized that it is not right to impose medical requirements on people. And that was a simple shot- not some chip implanted in your body.

I mean, the only way the govenrment would be able to do this is to implant it just after birth, which would mean government involvment in health care, and we all know our government does not want to get involved with our health care.

8. you jerked the words right outta my mouth bro. fuck anyone who wants that under my skin.

9. Just thinking about it, maybe some people should have chips in them.

Sex offenders, repeat criminals, our soldiers, metally insane people. Hell think about the possibility of even temoporarily putting a chip in someone seeking treatment for chemical abuse- you could help monitor them and hopefully prevent relapses and such.

There are some potential good uses for these. Of course we like to think the worse though and suspect the government would fuck regular class citizens over before implementing the useful functions this chip could have.

Certain people benifit from this also:
    http://www.networkworld.com/news/2005/040405widernetchip.html

10. all that aside, they just changed the name from Verichip to Xmark? wait what? xmark....... the mark of the beast? jesus christ do they think people are that fucking stupid. Do not allow them to put this shit in you, i'd also say oppose the national ID card.

11. those suck.......I dont want people to know where I am or none of the places I frequent. It wont be long and they will tie in your financial data to them and if you break the law they will turn them off so you cant buy stuff from others to survive.

ITS the beginning of complete and utter control.....RESIST while you can!!!!!!

12. if i wanted to get my dog back, yeh, there fine. but a chip in me? that isnt gonna happen.

13. RFID chips are bad.

I'm not talking about the legal implications of people implanting them in themselves, they are just bad in general.

They are very insecure, and it's quite easy for someone to be listening on your RFID's frequency and 'snipe' the information off of it.

I think federal passports now come with RFID chips in them. I've heard stories of people putting their passports in the microwave to break the RFID chip. Apparently a lot of people were getting fucked with identity loss when people took their information from the RFID chip in their passport.

I think there are some sites with information about how to break the RFID chip in your passport.

14. I'm against the idea of them being mandatory, but I think if people want to get them that's a great idea.

Wouldn't it be cool if they made one that would watch your vital signs at all times? And like, if it was in trauma it would contact an emergency center. Or if you were kidnapped the police would automatically know where you were.

Hmm, I might have to pursue this idea further...

15. Are you nuts? Have you seen the size of those fucking needles?

No way, they'll even come close to me with a needle like that.

16. The potential for greatness that comes with these chips could really improve mankind, but the pessimist in me can't help but think this technology is going to be abused.

As long as they keep it voluntarily, I can't complain.

17. They really insert those with needles? I kind of thought they just like, cut a little slit and slid it in...