Revolutionary Blumats

Discussion in 'Coco Coir' started by tothehead, Jan 31, 2011.

1. i wont really be able to tell until i transplant the ones that i used it on. only then will i really be able to tell everyone my exact thoughts on it. i have heard from a few guys on other sites that they use extreme gardening's products and really like it. ive heard good things about their calcarb, its a foliar spray, which i really dont care for. its supposed to enhance the plants ability to take in C02. i received a free bag of it and i have yet to try it

2. just some more eye candy

Attached Files:

3. dude thanks againg for a good thread.im def gonna go blu-mats next run.im sick with hand watering .later on im gonna pick your brain a little.

4. Waiting for someone to run a grow op with these.. Im waiting for mine to come in the mail. There selling out quick! These would work great for a large grow op

5. I'm currently on my first grow and have used nothing but these for watering and they've worked great. I'm wanting to hook up a second res for redundancy and nutes and was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy a second reservoir connector? I can't find any place in the US that sells the res connector.

6. try kentsystems i think its called. if anything..... call the blumat people and just ask them where and who sells what your looking for. i know these parts are hard to find. also try sustainablevillage

7. I seen this on reddit...turns on when its dry and turns off when its moist... really cool for coco or soil fr sure.....

8. its been awhile since ive updated anything or posted any pics. i havent been using the blumats this round. its all been hand fed.

Attached Files:

9. my problem is that i want my water to recirculate from the res to the gb and then back to the res because i am doing an aquaponics system(well not yet cus i gotta have money and a place for it:))
    so i am trying to find a way to cheaply pump the water because if the be is above the res then you have to pump from the res, if its below the res then you have to pump from the bed
    i can't get around it!!!! grrrrr

thx for the name of the product though, gave me soemthing to look up, even though it wasn't a solution

10. how big is ur res. you could use a couple sets of pulleys and a wooden frame for the res to sit on raise it up hen you feed and down to drain idk just a hairbrained idea. think outside the box something will come to ya

11. just wondering why ur not using the mats this time. I thought they were the shiz niz?

12. thought about that actually but i couldn't think of how to make it automated without a power source, which totally defeats the purpose....:confused:

13. the last round i used them i felt like they werent keeping the pots very saturated. just felt like i wasnt getting the growth i should have been getting. so this time i just went w/ good ole hand feeding. ive also switched back to using AN nutes instead of H&G. the plants i have right now that are 3weeks bloom are much farther along than when i was using h&g. h&g is good, dont get me wrong but i just feel like i get that little extra bang w/ the AN

14. Tothehead, you seem to be one of the few with blumat experience.
    You don't think there is enough saturation of the coco?

And you have gone back to hand watering?

your conclusion now is?

a blumats/drip system is good/great/ or not so much?

15. i felt like some of them stayed pretty wet and some didnt, which results in alot of tinkering w/ the dial on top of the sensor. also as the water level in your rez goes down, the pressure pushing the water through your feed tubes decreases, which leads to sensors being thrown off and not dripping like they should be. there are also problems when you dont have some type of auto top off system. for me, when i dumped my rez at the end of every week and refilled it (20gal) i would have to adjust all the sensors back just a bit to compensate for the pressure thats been put back by refilling the rez. if ya dont do that, you get alot of sensors that will over water which could result in overflow or a ton of runoff. i run 4x4 tables in my tents but am retarded and dont have a drain in em, so i would have to shop-vac water out here and there if there was ever an overflow. all the crap like that sent me back to hand watering. i dont really mind it because i like being able to take my plants out 1 by 1 and really check em out and make sure everythings all good. i also like to defoliate here and there. take a look over at icmag, they have a HUGE thread on blumats.

16. first 2 are a Diesel about 6 weeks in. she got a little to taller than i would have liked. 3 & 4 are a grapefruit diesel at 4 weeks. 5 & 6 are white widow at 7 weeks. 7 & 8 are some cloner pics of some white widow, norther lights, afgan kush x yumbolt, grapefruit diesel. just as bunch of random shit going on over here fellas ;)

Attached Files:

17. Thanks tothehead
    good info. the reservoir depth problem never occured. You would need a constant pressure.

I will check out the other forum you mentioned

18. tothead heres what you could do is have a counter weight hooked up to your res with pulleys the more pulleys u use the less counter weight u would need as the res feeds and emptys it raises up cause the counter weight keeping the line pressure the same. just a thought. lot of work thou

19. yea that is way to much work. im not lazy by any means but would rather not tinker around w/ shit all the time ya know? im good w/ hand watering since thats what i always did before the blumats. who knows, i may try a different drip system sometime down the line

20. switched up my nutrient regimen. running AN jungle juice micro/bloom (H3ads 6/9). for veg im straight 6/9 w/ 5-10ml of Bio-Root. for flower im using 6/9 up until week 4-5 then i only run the bloom at 12ml and drop the micro. also using a few of AN's additives left over from previously. bud candy weeks 1-6, big bud weeks 2-4, nirvana weeks 3-6 and overdrive weeks 5-6 all @ 8ml. everything is looking great. my 1000w tent is rockin a few white widow, grapefruit diesels, a re-vegged PPP, a sour ak and a couple northern light. ill get some pics up in a bit