Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Reviving dried up weed?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by =SHoCK=, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Well, I have some stuff in an air tight container, it's about 10 grams or so, but it is DRY as fuck. It's mid grade, and the nugs are super dry. I tried to cut some up, but they are just SO dry its crazy, they stick to the knife which is good, but I just can't cut it up at all!

I've looked online, and people say that lemon/lime peel is good for reviving it. 

The first time I just put a lime peel, and just that. I left it in there for about 4-5 hours. There was no noticeable change. 

The second time I put in about 1/4 of a lime, with the pulp, and peel. I left that in there for about 4-5 hours again. when I brought it out, the lime felt reasonably drier, but the weed was still the same - dry and clumped.

The third time I put in another 1/4 of a lime, pulp and peel. It was in there for about 5-6 hours. I brought it out, and same thing again, the weed was still really dry and dense. 

I've given up with limes now. But I don't know what else to try. Should I have left it in longer? What else should I use that will work, and how long should it be in there for?

Thanks!

2. I've heard that using things like orange peels can cause mold.  try putting the buds in between two wet paper towels for a little while, and make sure to move them around and not leave them there for too long. 

3. My favourite is orange peels, if my weed ever goes dry i put a few orange peels in there and leave the peels in there for a few hours. Another one i heard about is a slice of bread. Maybe these will work for you if you try them let me know how it went

In my experience orange peels have never caused mold, however putting bud inbetween two pieces of wet paper towels will defo cause them to mold

5. #5 AlphaOmega420, Nov 9, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2013
    This. Just leave the orange peels in for a few hours only if you are worried about mold

lol oops.  don't do it op! 

maybe it would be ok to do it in small amounts.  you don't have to put it on there for too long to soak up some moisture, surely it won't mold if you take it off and smoke it right away?

7. Alright heres what you do. You're going to put one of these items in an airtight jar with the bud in this order of preference.
    1. A fan leaf from a plant. I do this when my fiancee and her friend buy really dry mid grade.
    2. Lettuce. It doesn't leave really any taste on the bud and it doesn't affect the smell.
    3. White bread. It leaves a bread smell in the jar but doesn't really affect taste.
    4. Carrot/potato. It's a tie for these. They both leave a little tase on the bud that i don't care much for.
    You can't beat a fan leaf but lettuce or bread is your best bet. Put one leaf, quarter piece of bread or a little piece of lettuce and take it out in about 24 hours. Lemon and lime leave a terrible taste on the bud and i think it tastes like windex or something.

I actually like dry mids because i don't like using it in the same grinder as i put my high grade in and it's easier to break up consistently when it's not moist and compacted.