Reverting Back Into Shell

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Skizor, Aug 21, 2012.

1. #1 Skizor, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    I don't know if it's the seeds I ordered (Nirvana).. but I seem to be doing something wrong.

Is there such a thing as germinating a seed too long?

For instance, I've wasted 3 seeds.. I put them in paper towels, use distilled water, put it in a sandwich bag and put them under a lamp for the heat. I know light kills so I wrap em heavily and heat helps speed up the process, so I always check often they aren't getting too hot and the paper towels are sopping wet... They show signs of germination (within 24 hours), however for some reason the embryos are reverting back into their shells... I'm really confused. They swell up, pop out.. I plant them... and days later they're back into their shells. The other 3 I didnt get to that point, they reverted back into the shells like they were reacting to something.. waste of money, hate to be a dumbass but..

This is my 2nd time attempting to grow. My first was successful, but for some damn reason they're all failing on me.

I just checked on the one I am growing and nothing has happened for two days. I know it isn't getting too hot in there and I am keeping the soil just "moist"... I don't understand what I am doing wrong. This is my 4th seed that has done it... I am using the same set up as I did on my last grow (which by the way was very successful and was better than the stuff off the streets by faaar).. I keep ordering Bubbelicious strains. Last time from BuyDutchSeeds and this time from Nirvana... so it must be something I am doing.. I don't get it!!!!

Any advice?

2. Using a lamp for heat will work, however, they need to be kept in the dark until the root appears and you put the seed in soil. So put a dark towel over the container with the seeds/

3. #3 Skizor, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2012
    Yea, if this seed fails--which it looks like it did--I'll try putting something dark around it (next time). So, do you think they are reverting back into the shell because too much light leaked through and damaged the roots, even though the whole time they were wrapped heavily in paper towel? Maybe not enough... hmm.. anyone else agree with that idea?

4. Being that a cannabis plant produces 100-1000 seeds per plant theres bound to be some duds. I would switch strains to something else.

How I germinate and it has been 95% success rate or higher...just germinated 5 seeds on the week actually is shot glass for 24 hours, then no matter what I take them put them in a wet paper towel into a plastic container that I can put a lid on. Usually 24-36 hours ready to plant.

You will want to keep them in the dark and not dick with them. Just throw it in a drawer or under the bathroom sink. You can use a heating pad or not..room temperature is just fine.