Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

"reverse tolerance" ??

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by joef_gr, Apr 14, 2010.

1. I was randomly reading this faq on erowid about cannabis.
    Erowid Cannabis Vault : Cannabis FAQ

at PART III on number 10 ( Isn't marijuana a gateway drug? Doesn't it lead to use of harder drugs?)

in that paragraph it says;

Unlike addictive drugs, marijuana causes almost no tolerance. Some people even report a reverse tolerance. That is, the longer they have used the less marijuana they need to get `high.'

well ive been smoking for about 3 years.and for the last 20 months i smoke at least 2 times a day. and i never noticed that. its usually the opposite.
    for example if i need 1gr. to get me high on monday, usually on tuesday i would need like 1.2gr to get same high.

2. :smoking::smoking::smoking:

3. I'm no doc but if there ARE people who get higher the more occurances of smoking they undergo, they sure haven't presented themselves on gc or my real life :smoke:

4. idk man i definitely am skeptical about that cuz i used to get ripped off 2 or 3 hits of mids now i have to smoke a couple bowls of dank

5. From my personal experiences, this is how it works for me.

When I first started, Id have to take a few hits, and then about 5 minutes later I'd start getting high as fuck.

Now, I can take 1 hit and immediately feel the effects, but it takes much more to get me to the effects I really want.

6. Maybe if your new to it; in this I mean when you first started smoking, some people have that problem where they don't realize they're high and keep smoking. Later on they realize that high faster and don't need as much weed. I've only actually met like 3-4 people like this, out of 100s of people I must have smoked with. Seems like most of these people don't tend to ever start to smoke everyday, thus never get a real tolerance in the first place.

Most of us recognize the weed high, and have the typical tolerance problem.

7. i have a friend who no matter how much he smokes he never gets a tolerance. everytime he smokes its like hes only been smoking for a week or two. kids ridiculously skinny tho. prolly because of his metabolism but he would still get a tolerance because of the cb1 and cb2 receptors being used

8. What kind of mids and dank are you smoking on?

9. uhh like i used to smoke 3-4 hit bowl of grape ape or orange kush now i smoke a few bowls of gdp from venice or purple bubba that i got last week that's crazy , how come?