Reverse Tolerance

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by AvidStoner, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Hey everyone, had a question for y'all. Has anyone ever heard of tolerance going DOWN while smoking the same amount over time? Here's my story: I've been smoking daily for about 5 years now. I never had a big tolerance to begin with, smoking a .3 gram bowl would get me to the level I liked; haven't been one to get super duper stoned. I have noticed my tolerance has gone down from a year ago. I remember a time when around .3g would be good but I could smoke more if I wanted to, as if my tolerance was increasing. I have a very fine line of being too high, so I am careful not to smoke too much. However, for the past ~7 months I have noticed my tolerance has gone down. I can take one good hit now and be at the level I like. 2-3 hits if I feel like getting pretty stoned. If I smoked a whole bowl like I used to I would be too high. So my question is, has anyone ever experienced this or heard/seen this? I have heard of people who have been smoking for a while start to get paranoid every time they smoke or experience negative effects, but mine seems to be a diminished tolerance. When I say too high, it's just general anxiety feelings and just uncomfortableness. I know there is nothing to be anxious about and my mind is cool, it's just the body effects are way too unpleasant. I haven't done anything different from then til now: I use the same bong, smoke quality weed (indicas and sativas, I buy a variety from the dispensary I go to), and don't take any new medicines/supplements/eat different foods. So basically, has anyone heard of a tolerance going down while consistently smoking?

Tldr; I smoke less now than I used to to feel the same effects. If I smoked as much as I used to, I'd be too high (for my enjoyment). Ever heard of it?

2. I get this too, been a daily toker for 6+ years and get stoned off of 0.1g snaps. I do change up my toking tool, I always felt that had something to do with it.

3. I feel that I have to mix up the way I smoke. (Bong, blunt, pipe, etc.) otherwise if I do the same method over and over for awhile I don't get as high as I normally would. Just my experience

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I've been smoking daily for 2 years now. My tolerance has remained pretty steady but I find that it increases slightly over time. A short t break of 3 days is about all I need to get it down. I'll even go on a diminished dosage for a week and that will also get my tolerance down.

Concentrates and kief will cause my tolerance to spike for a few days so I tend to space out the use of them.

I tend to need about 0.6 g (vaped) after a day at work and 1.2 g if I'm home all day. This remains fairly consistent for a few months until a t break is warranted.

My tolerance has never gone down unless I changed something.

5. I feel you on that one man

6. same boat here. A few months ago I'd need 5-6 solid hits before I felt much at all now I get high with maybe 3.

7. I think it goes up and down due to unknown reasons, for me at least.
    I've been smoking for almost 20 years and my tolerance goes up and down at will, not quickly, just enough for me to notice and adjust...

i go from concentrates, to flower, and always rotate pieces and cannabis sources.