Reverse osmosis

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by MACULLY, Apr 1, 2018.

1. It just really depends on your water situation, if you have good water then it's not necessary. I prefer it personally just so I can control it completely and don't have to worry about it. I have an ro filter that makes 50 gallons a day, or you can buy it for around .40 cent a gallon, you must add calmag to it though.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Ill be using Dutch nutrients gro a-b and bloom a-b
    Gro A 2-0-2
    Nitrogen……………….….2% Soluable Potash………..2% Calcium……………..…….2%

Gro B 0-1-3
    Nitrogen…………..………0% Available Phosphate..…1% Soluble Potash………….3% Magnesium…………….0.5%
    Bloom A 3-0-3

Nitrogen……………………..3% Potash……………………….3% Calcium……………………2.3%

Bloom B 1-0.5-3

Nitrogen……………..……….1% Available Phosphate..….0.5% Soluble Potash………….…3% Molybdenum………….0.0012%

Should I still be adding Calmag if I’m using these nutrients ?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Yes, you will need it. RO has zero elements so you will still need to add it. Its obviously one more thing to buy but it's not very expensive, add calmag product first and bring your ppm to around 200 then add your other nutes. Depending on your water you may be able to add around 20% from the tap to eliminate the need to add more calcium and magnesium but as I said before I like to take out the guess work.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

4. If your local water does not have chloramines and only has chlorine in it you possibly could just leave it out for 24 hours for the chlorine to evaporate as long as your water does not have other problems ie well water, cisterns, rusty pipes etc.

Check with your local municipality to find out your water quality also take ppm measurements, for instance some water is high in the 700s like Las Vegas or Florida where the water table is full of minerals. Other water might have softeners going through your building system. So in that case A water filter is completely necessary in fact one with a double osmosis filter might be needed to get it down to or close to zero ppm

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I use ro, only because I am on a well and it's hard water, if I was on city water I wouldn't bother.[​IMG] is this what you are using

6. 5C2F941D-22CB-4B68-9077-D22E1DBFE7B9.jpeg 6FA6B7D0-9525-4E40-B2EF-1E6225765865.jpeg
    Canadian maybe just different labels

7. Lol looks the same I'm Canadian as well my bottle just might be 10 years old, lol

8. If you do hydro You should be mixing your own nutes dry, Jack’s is all you need for pennies a feed. Why pay for bottles of water shipping packaging marketing. There are 15 nutrients a plant needs and jacks has them all. Check the video