Reverse Osmosis?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by sourdiesel123, Feb 17, 2013.

1. does anyone know of a good RO machine on ebay that ain't to expensive checked ppm of tap and its 231 i think thats too high.

2. most ro's run about 200+ but you can goto a place like winco and get there water which is ro and it's only like $1.50 it's good until you can afford to but some money into it

3. I saw one in Costco today for $150...

4. Any good unit is going to cost you anywhere from $200 plus. You can buy distilled water by the gallon at wal mart, $1 a gallon. Might be cheaper to go that route

5. I use five gallon jugs. Fill them up at grocery stores or gas stations from the machines out front. The machines use R/O systems and it only costs 15 or 20 cents a gallon.

6. This is I've of the best deals I have found that actually works. I have used various brands for quite a few years growing lps and sps corals. Beware of cheap eBay filters. Some can be good but it is a crap shoot. Another thing you will notice is that cheaper filters usually cost more for replacement cartridges.

Anyway, I have used a couple of these and they worked well. $60 for a rodi 0 ppm filter.

http://www.purewaterclub.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=95&products_id=246

7. damn if those work well thats one hell of a deal

8. wat about the max water ones on ebay for like 120-140

9. [quote name='"sourdiesel123"']wat about the max water ones on ebay for like 120-140[/quote]

They are ok as well. Usually the cheaper filters will just require more frequent cartridge changes.

10. I buy mine from bulkreefsupply....

They use Dow filmtec membranes... quality...