reverse osmosis water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by hashcookie, Mar 28, 2008.

1. i have easy access to a supply of reverse osmosis water. At the moment i am using water collected from local stream , (ph7.8 and as pure as it comes, they make whisky from it round about here) with no added nutrients except a little 10-4-1 house plant feed during veging. I'm now 5 days into 12/12, and plan to feed plants with a comertial bloom feed, my question is...if i use the ro water, will i have to add other or extra nutrients(other than the bloom feed) to compensate for the nutrients(if any) that are in the stream water. I would like to use the ro water as i'v read that it is benificial, and at least it will lower the ph..............what d'you think please?:confused:

2. Yeah dude use the RO water. You won't need to add anything special to it except your nutes.

3. I would use the RO water. Chances are the PH for it are much better than the stream @ 7.8, which is way too high.

I seriously doubt that there is an appreciable amount of nutrients in the stream water. I would still add nutrients to my RO water. If you add anything and how much is your now your decision.

4. Aye. 7.8 not good for most plants in general. RO takes all impurities out and gives much better PH.

5. thanx again, i'm grateful:)