ReVegging after harvest?

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Hammered, Jul 19, 2010.

1. Ok, I have a a few plants that I didnt get to take clones from, and there about a week or so away from harvest. Is it possible to harvest all the buds and then Re-Veg the plant? Or will harvesting the plant kill it?
    I have a super lemon haze, a kings kush, a bubba kush and a strawberry haze. I would hate to just whack em down and that be it.. There some REALLY NICE plants..

Thanks, any info. on this will be greatly appreciated...

2. This is what I do:

I usually cut the plant down to 1/3. I leave a few popcorn buds and maybe a fan or two.
    I flip the lights to 24/0. Feed veg nutes, and let er rip.

Freak:smoking:

3. Thanks bro!
    So, if I chop the tops and all the big buds and just leave the bottom the plant will most likely make it? Im woried about taking to much from them and killing the plants or stressing them out to much..

4. Youre welcome.

Your plant WILL make it...

Freak
    :smoking:

5. Good deal! Im really looking forward to producing more of the super lemon haze and the bubba kush.. The bubba kush smells so damn good its hard to walk away from..lol!:smoking:

6. I think re-vegging is the shit.

Now it'll take half the time till harvest cuz the plants root system is already in place.

Plus, any clones u take now will be awesome growing stock.

Its win, win bro !!!

Freak

7. It will work. It's called super cropping. Look in to it.

8. The reveg is awesome... Dont worry Freakbro1 is right. Just leave the popcorn sized buds on the lower third and switch it back to 24hr light. With the high nitrogen the plant will reveg no prob. All the bud sites is where you will get your new growth. At first the leaves will be deformed but don't worry they will get back to normal. I was given two plants that were re veged and when they budded the second time they produced twice as much and turned purple. Keep us posted. Good luck.

9. #9 Hammered, Jul 20, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2010

Thanks SoCal..
    I took a few clones from a White Widow and A White Rhino after the mother plants were around 5 or 6 weeks into flowering and it took for ever to get them to start new growth.. When they finnaly did they bushed out like crazy.. Shooting sprouts all over! Some leaves were just one single blade, but It was still good smoke..:smoking:

Two clones went hermi on me though.. Im glad I have figuerd out a way to keep these stains around without cloning them this far along... Now Im anxious to harvest these fine ladies and get down to business......

10. I suggest you look into it a bit more. Supercropping is when you bend/pinch/crush the stem in one spot. It's a form of plant training, a bit higher stress than LST where you just bend the branches down without pinching or crushing them. Revegging is NOT supercropping.

I revegged my Blue Rhino twice to grow it 3 times, grew GDP twice too. When I revegged first they were in soil, I cut half of the root ball off and repotted into bigger pots and the plants took off. I cloned from them and flowered the clones, then did it again the next grow.

11. Thats what I was thinking also.. lol...

12. Hey zpyro...

Ive thought about doin it countless times but have alwayz been leary.
    So, the plants "took off" after you cut their rootball in half ???

That is cool news :D.

13. The plants took off after putting them under 24/0 light. I have no idea how long it took them to recover, I didn't keep track. The 2nd time I revegged, though, they were in an ebb/flow hydroton setup, so I didn't touch the roots at all. Just started feeding veg nutes and veg light and after a couple weeks they started growing the retarded-looking veg leaves that are all curly, then the normal single/3 bladed leaves and up.

14. I think this just might push me over the edge to finally try it.

Freak

15. As my first grow im starting an organic Purp Kush from seed. She's outside during the day and inside at night. Needless to say, she is WELL on her way for being less than 3 weeks.

I recently acquired about 20 clones (6 in) that are currently outside and im going to go buy 2-3 3ft GDPxBlueberry plants for $40 today.

Im hoping to Reveg the GDPxBlueberry and definitely my Purp Kush from seed.

Great Info!! :wave:

ps. My first grow journal will be coming soon. Keep an eye out for it.