Reuse ocean forest

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Killerbee4323, Dec 18, 2019.

1. I got like 10 gallons of foxfarm ocean forest i used last run. I'm wondering if i can mix in some Dr earths and call it good, I'm assuming I have to add other shit.

2. Don't. Put the soil outside in the garden if you have one. Otherwise dump it and start over.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Had a feeling it wasnt a bright idea.

4. You can try sanitizing it, how some people do in the oven.

I usually just add it to the compost pile and let it sit for a season until it’s ready. Fresh earth smells really nice when it is ready.

• Like Like x 1
  5. My blueberry is luckily doing just fine.

On the right[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. I personally wouldn't use it, even on a tight budget don’t think it would be worth potentially wasting my time and money if it was to go wrong.
    I’m sure it could work our, but don’t know enough about it to help.

7. Exactly what i do. I tried using used soil one time. One time lol. So u are asking for all kinds of issues and u can't really feed cheaper than what's in the soil

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. So i got 6 12" clones in foxfarm ocean forest, looking to up pot to 3 gal. Im gonna grab a bag of ocean forest and transplant em, to finish flowering can I top dress with dr earth flower girl. Trying to keep it simple. Ocean forest has done me good so far.

9. #9 theepopeofdope, Dec 18, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2019
    keep things more simple and don't try top dressing with dry nutrient in 3 gallon containers. I have used Dr. Earth general liquid fertilizer 3-3-3 many times. Use this or the like. Never use dry.

10. When you top dress you're adding a 1/2 inch or so of soil/compost, and the most efficient reason for doing this is to protect the root zone creating a better environment for the roots. This can help the pH, conserve moisture and insulate if temps become a issue. You can also use top dressing to provide some of the needed nutrients to the plant, but this is not the most efficient way to do so.

Top dressing is beneficial for outdoor grows, especially where some erosion from watering or rainfall has become a factor. Top dressing indoors is theoretically okay to do. I don't think that top dressing indoors is worthwhile because the primary reasons for using the technique should not really be factors in a controlled indoor environment. If you were set on top dressing indoors you would top dress with a good compost and a larger container would be preferred.

The most efficient way to provide nutrients indoors is a liquid fertilizer. Building a true living soil indoors is in my opinion more trouble than it's worth. To analogize, a true living soil is an engine and needs an open road to run. I do use a homemade "supersoil" for indoor use, I sill add some nutrients at the later stages of growth.

11. Fox farms offers dry admendments. You can reamend the soil and reuse it without issue.

12. This is true. He is right, it can be done. But still, I'm saying save yourself some potential problems and don't.

13. He wont have potential problems. Its super easy. Ive done it a lot.

14. I have GH micro and bloom on hand. Should I just get coco coir and transplant em and feed em lucas method.

15. Thats up to you bud

16. Well, I transplanted from 1 gal up to 2 gal pots with coco coir, no perlite. I feed em till runoff but they still feel heavy the next day and the leaves have some droop. Im gonna keep an eye on it and try to feed once they get lighter and hope that corrects the droop.