Returning to GC, anyone remember me?

Discussion in 'General' started by no comment, Jul 19, 2013.

1. I had a place with 2 other friends back in the day, and thought all was great. But of course one stopped paying the bills, and it was just 2 of us.... then that guy went to jail. So, you should look into getting your own place. Especially at age 25.

2. #22 no comment, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
    haha i make lots of investments or id have more. but i also am really into modest living so im not too worried. most of my money goes to band stuff or putting out my zine. i just bought a really nice laptop though, cost me a grand, probably the best computer ive ever owned. 

edit: also yeah i dont really want my own place right now. i could afford this place on my own, its a really sweet apartment, and i like living with people. im not very old for 25, i feel more like 19. 

3. woah who's the buzzkill saying a couple grand isn't much? Yeah, in the big scheme of things it isn't, pretty sure we all know that! But be proud of yourself for managing to save that much. Your savings will only grow from now on.

I'm 25 too. When I was a teenager I spend every dollar I had (clothes, makeup, alcohol) and I didn't regret it. Then I hit 24 and thought what the fuck do I have! I saved $7000 in 8 months and I'm over the fucken moon about it. Saving is addictive! It means that when I go out and treat myself to a new outfit or whatever, it feels more special and feels like I actually deserve what I'm buying. I'm on a strict savings plan and will be reaching my $15,000 travel fund goal in 11 months time with extra to go in a bank account for when I come home.

I'm so stoked for you with your weight loss. Cherish it and don't let yourself go backwards. It's inspiring to hear how well you have done after getting so low. Congratulations :)

4. haha my job would never let me go back to what i was.