Return to martial arts

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by kush70, Nov 30, 2019.

1. I’m returning to martial arts soon and was wondering what a good Combination would be...
    At the moment my main focus will be Muay Thai
    I’d like to Train in boxing and BJJ as well
    Any ideas?

2. Perhaps spiritual discipline can be your secondary? It’s a good combination to any martial art. Sound mind, and sound body.

Take it seriously and it could put you in a true state of peak physical performance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Good focus.
    I believe thai boxing is about the most accessible offence based martial art.
    I'd say in most cases a competent thai boxer would win many, if not all his fights against the "average" opponent, so if I were to pick, I'd do *just* that.
    BJJ I have no experience in...but I guess if what, holds and grapples come into what you want, maybe?
    Boxing if you want more focus on defence and punching, good for endurance.

4. Yea endurance is a big part of it
    I understand how Easy it is to hamstring ones self by depending on day just mt or just boxing or just this or that ya know .. my objective is spiritual yes also being to absolutely defend myself and resolve the situation as quickly as possible so it’d be beneficial I think to know as many different styles as possible

5. What is your focus? If you want to be on top of your game anywhere at any time... Krav Maga!

Prep for the ring with rules?

Sure, BJJ, Muay Thai, etc.... Keep in mind that expert KM fighter is superior to any regulated martial art expert.

Why? Because regulated sports teach you fighting with rules in mind and lack that "beast mode" if you're in serious trouble...

One more thing on KM...

It teaches you to mitigate real world scenarios including weapons...

Just my 0.02...

Sent from my SM-G950W using Grasscity Forum mobile app