Return of the king

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by bizzletwister10, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Do u believe Jesus will return to earth?whether you follow Christianity or believes in the reptillians, I wanna hear if you believe in the return of Christ and why.

2. no. And the end of human life will not be a religous experience. It'll be no different than the dodo birds or the mammoths. Life will go on, Earth will go on, and the universe will be as a whole, unchanged.

3. #3 RAZORsharp, Apr 7, 2009
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
    no, i do not. i was raised at a catholic school from grades k-8, attended church every sunday, and once a week for school.

i do not believe a dead man will come back from the dead to lead us into a different realm of reality. that is all an AFTER- LIFE is...

if you actually sit back and think about religion, you can realize that SOME morals are all you can draw, the rest is malarky IMHO.

but to each their own.

i am an ethical atheist and that's it. i believe there is nothing we can truly know except that we should be kind to each other, and do what we can for other people.

4. I don't believe in anything that goes against the laws of nature.

5. Though I am sure the Snowhite tale got a few pointers on human nature to give, it is difficult to determine the number of happy little dwarfs she had in her posse. Excempting Grumpy, who was not happy, though still a dwarf. But not that difficult to determine it is all fiction. For one thing, the story is incredible, and without evidense.

Oh, and fairy-tales are not generally believed to be real.

Though, some try to push the Jesus fairy-tale as real. Goodness knows why, it is as amoral as it comes, as incredible as possible and just flies in the face of reason.

But still they insist on spreading their religious poison, and still they get offended when their poison is treated with antidote. Also known as reason.

6. Anything is possible.. But I doubt it.

7. Jesus pwns joo

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5rF_X-8LiI]YouTube - Jesus Pwn3d U[/ame]

8. hehe

(contender for shortest reply by me ever!)

9. Damn you! I was excited for a Tolkien thread and it's yet another Christianity thread.

No, Jesus got nailed to a cross 2,000 or so years ago and he's not going anywhere.

10. As someone who believes in the reptilians, I invite you to the easter sunday service, to be held at many fine establishments of christianity.

Count how many resurrected saviors you see, and how many reptiles.

Feel free to look behind the rocks.

I bet you'll find a gecko, before you find the son of man.

[​IMG]

11. thought this was a lord of the rings thread

oh and no i dont

12. hmm. I used to be so sure about my faith, and now my perception on everything has changed so much, that I feel that we can't be sure of anything. I believe that there is a possibility that Jesus will return, but I think that anything could really happen.

13. I agree with you up until the last part. the universe as a whole is always changing.

14. the return of christ will be the return of a certain awareness, a kind of mentality and spirituality. Christ be within, son.

15. As far as mesiahs go, why are people so narrow-minded in thinking there is only one?

16. Because it says so in their holy though narrowminded iron-age texts...

17. Jesus is coming and he's PISSED!

18. Wow, you are one of the most intolerant and unaccepting people I have seen on this board.

I wonder if you even realize that you criticize christianity for being amoral while you are being far more bigoted that most of the religious people I know.

I'm sure your zealotry and general offensiveness will get you far in promoting atheism.

I am embarassed to share any lines of thought with you.

19. No, because Jesus was special but ordinary, was the Son of God, but all are the sons of god, though most unrealized.

There is no reason he will return etc etc, anymore than any other spiritual being will return, or any being whatsoever for that matter. Jesus was a human personality that was highly evolved, and was indeed a messiah of sorts, an enlightened incarnation on this earth.

He was, however, enlightened only to the heart, his consciousness was not stabilized and so he lived in his headspace in subconsciousness like any human, and interpreted and shared his experience with lacking clarity and reality due to this. His experience was real, he had discovered the true connection in the heart with the divine, and he did in fact "know" God and experience it, and perhaps even channeled and received guidance from it. But his human consciousness in the brain was not enlightened to its pure essence which allows for sparkling clarity and understanding, and he was lost in the subconscious like most humans. Therefore, he could not correctly interpret and transmit the experience, misinterpreting himself to be the only son of god, his path to be the only path, his doctrines, etc etc, and also his excessive hysteria in behavior which showed a lack of grounding in consciousness.

20. #20 Zylark, Apr 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2009
    I am the intolerant? I got news for you, I am not the one who think that those that disagree with me will go to hell and suffer eternal pain for not believing as I do.

If anything, I speak tolerance. To live and let live. But that do not mean that I should shut my trap and not criticise the inanities that the true believers manage to spout.

And I am fully aware that whenever I criticise anything superstitious that someone believes in truly, I come off as both offensive and arrogant. No-one likes having their delusions confronted. In the more intolerant parts of the world, they will chop your head off for it.

In this context, contending the sillyness of a jewish zombie returning to haunt us once again.

Riiiiight.

If we'd let stupid ideas stand unopposed, we'd still live in caves.

Unlike believers in say christianity or islam, I do not condemn my opponents to eternal hellfire. Infact, I have yet to see any non-believer on this forum wish any misfortune, in this life or any other, upon those that do not agree with them.

I have seen though a lot of believers smugly saying that "we'll see when when I die and go to heaven, and you'll go to hell!", and variants thereof, in their ever repeating of the faulty Pascal Wager.

As such, I am entirely in my right to make the very valid claim that christianity essentially is not moral. It is the opposite of moral. It is in its essense cruel, totalitarian, evil.

I do my outmost to reason all claims and views I make. And I base all those on two things: Evidense and probability. If you want to call keeping in line with reality as to the best of our understanding for zealotry, then so be it.

Whatever offense I give to you or any other by speaking my honest opinion, it is nothing compared to the offense I feel for all those that die at the hand of religion here and now, today. Within christianity and islam in particular. It is repulsive and disgusting. It is an insult to humanity.

Spare me your self-rightous indignation. As far as I am concerned, religious ideas of the more dogmatic kind deserve zero respect, just contempt, and I have never hidden that from anyone on this forum, ever. You either need to deal with that or just ignore all I got to say. Burrow your head in the sand, as many believers do when met with arguments they cannot answer honestly.

Whether what I say "promotes" non-belief or not, is the last of my concerns. I do not give a rats ass how my outlook is viewed, as I do not butter up my arguments to make them swallowable to the political correct such as yourself. All I do is speak my mind, as blunt as I can and no holds barred. Like it or not.

From me you get honesty to my best ability, not a targeted placated massaged piece of propaganda. I call shit for shit and roses for roses. I do not confuse the two.

That do not make me a bigot, far from it. Perhaps you need to look up the term in a dictionary? Being bigot would imply I set different standards for myself compared to others. Something I would very much like you to demonstrate where I've argumented the case for or made myself guilty of. Either that or retract your ad-hominem as the silly rethorical trick it is.

You should be embarrased. Not for holdings ideas tangent to mine, but for thinking you are morally superior to anyone. If that do not spell arrogance, nothing does.