"Retina" New font/typeface I made

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Havok Se7en, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Well, sort of. I just have A-Z in caps only.
    It's based off of artwork by Retna, an artist from LA. His artwork is below.

I attached the specimen sheet and the assignment for my typography class. :wave:

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. I like it.

3. Nice job! I like all the details to it.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Some of the characters are difficult to discern, but I really like the style! :smoke:

5. Thanks for the positive comments, blades. I thought it was just going to disappear to the 2nd page. :p

It's not necessarily meant to be read, but just be organized and manipulated into a motif-like visual.

All rep goes to Retna, though. :wave:

6. In that case, it's thoroughly perfect. :D

7. It's funny because I immediately pictured this artist when I saw "Retina", then opened the thread and saw his handstyle there was was like "oh, no this guy totally ripped him off" then saw that you made it into a font.

Pretty cool. Not original, but I feel like this should definitely be a font somehow.

EDIT: could you make this into a filetype that can be used by microsoft word (or comparable software).

8. Yeah, I probably could, but I'd like to make small edits, and add numbers and ligatures and things of that nature. :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  9. The Big Brother quote is my new Mac background, thanks and enjoy some rep for your efforts!

10. Obviously not that practical for everyday typing, or at least would take some serious getting used to, but I like it, is very artsy and medieval.

11. I like.