Retards Are Living the Life

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Lowrobinson, Jan 31, 2010.

1. (Long read but humorous/enlightening)

Think about it.

For me, I'm a college student, most of the people I run into have fun/enjoyment on nights when they are out partying and getting fucked up. On several occasions I've heard people described as "being retarded". They drink alcohol, smoke weed, etc in order to reach a state where they no longer are fully capable of making intelligent decisions and stop giving a shit about whatever else is going on in the world. In order for them to do this they have to consume large quantities of alcohol, inhale smoke, or ingest drugs in other fashions.

Retards DON'T have to do this. Technically they are getting "fucked up" for free. Something a college student would dream of. Imagine not having to pay drop 20 bills for a gram some bomb bud or 20-30 bucks each weekend. (High dollar amounts, but if you want to reach this state of retardedness you gotta go big) Instead they get to always be fucked up, and not have to worry about a thing. People take care of them making sure they don't get hurt, not unlike the designated driver/friend looking over the crew. I mean they literally don't even have to wipe their own asses if they chose to be a little rebellious. To further illustrate my point here's a personal story:

At my high school cafeteria there was a high schooler with downs. He had an aid that would follow him around, but he was allowed to eat/interact with fully functional people. One day as I sat at a nearby table, this clever bastard got up to throw his trash away. Not like you or me however, instead he pretended he was an airplane flying to deploy his trash at the nearest barrel. With arms extended he dropped off his waste and flew back to his station. As I looked on I realized this secret that I am now sharing with you. I sat there envious that I would never have that much fun throwing away my trash.

The only counter-arguement I can see is that they miss out on the great experiences we have when sober. And don't get me wrong I can have plenty of fun when sober. My response to this is that they will never miss out because they don't know about these experiences. They were born in a state of retardedness and thus know nothing except being retarded. All they know is that if they throw too much of their feces around, someone will be there to clean them up.

(Shiiiitt, this felt like a fucken school essay. Zooted off a nice fucken blunt just chilling with GC)

2. Mentally challenged* :p

3. Wow your completly right! I was thinking about this alot lately! I just thought i was overthinking shit because I was high!

4. that actually made sense lol

5. johnny knoxville tried it, didnt end to well, but he did get the girl so i suppose maybe it did. plus he made a bunch of friends...

6. Yeah, but they never get to have sex, or smoke weed, or hang out with friends with no chaperone.

Or drive.

7. I don't know man.

I've got a mentally handicapped brother, and he seems to be on a trip.

I think that life is just very intense for him at all times, and there are the good times, which are really intensely goofy and to the point where he is being overstimulated. And the bad times, get to be a thousand times as bad as they really are. [The great "Vending Machine has no Mountain Dew" freak-out of 1998 taught me this.]

I don't know if it's possible to understand it even. Mental retardation manifests itself in many different ways, and I don't think that for a second that their life is any easier or happier than the rest of us, and it's probably the other way around.

8. They don't know what sex, weed, or driving is.

9. it sounds ideal but realistically, its not. i think you guys are smart enough to catch my drift without further elaboration.

10. I wonder what would happen if you got them high..

11. I've smoked weed with an autistic (spelling?) kids a couple times.

Is that considered retarded?

12. I'm happy being a fully-functional adult.

13. the thought of this made me laugh. i got nothin against people with mental handicaps, though.

but to answer the OP, no. if i had a choice, i would definitely pick the way i am now over having down-syndrome. just because you saw one kid pretending to fly like an airplane while throwing away his trash doesn't mean they live every minute of their life like that. especially throughout grade school. man i don't even want to think of the times when i made fun of kids in grade school because they were different :(

14. i got you man. It's like,, it sounds all cool and everything when you read the OP, but then realize that they will never enjoy the bigger things in life, other than being "fucked up".

such as falling in (real) love, getting married, having children, buying a house, raising a family, having a career, etc..... Not to say that a retarded person couldn't do all those things, but I think you know what i mean.

15. One time I took shrooms and felt retarded couldnt form a sentence was tryin to say some shit it come out like" Babadeeblop". They may be livin the life but they are not getting pussy on a regular schedule

16. you sir, are fucking retarded

17. Kinda reminds me of that one episode of south park where Cartman pretends hes got tourettes.

Damn, everything reminds me of that one episode of south park lately.

18. Hey OP what if you are actually retarded but noone that knows you is nice enough to break the news?

19. Obviously I'd be pissed that I'm missing out on the benefits of bein perma-fucked

20. Yeah..