Results using the Easy Soil Mix for Beginners?

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by jhenson, Jan 31, 2014.

1. #21 HOWHIGHISTOHIGH, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
    Damnnn.. Those sativas have me jealous. ALways been a lil nervous to run em cuz they like to run tall. But damn if this pic don't have me wanting to pick up some sativa seeds. May as well throw a pic up of my resilient gal. I say the only reason she's alive is because of this awesome soil!!!!! 

Attached Files:

2. #22 jhenson, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014
    I'd especially like to hear from anybody who has experiences with different types of grows, particularly, the organic soil mix vs. using a pro-mix type of substrate and adding nutrients.  What differences should I expect in terms of yield, quality, etc.?

3. U should expect to have to buy new promix every round if u use bottled nutes on it.

4. #24 Gandalf_the_Green, Feb 1, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2014

Pro-Mix is often used in organic mixes, but if you are asking us to compare organic to non-organic soil grows...... from the many, many journals and posts I've read.... the consensus is that the yields are generally comparable, but the quality of organic is much better.  However, I'll throw a caveat in there and say that any monkey can follow the Fox Farms schedule and grow pretty good cannabis.  It takes longer to get fully dialed in on an organic grow, but once you do, the yields tend to exceed non-organic yield.  Ask Jerry about that part.... he's more than doubled his previous non-organic yields since getting his organic grow dialed in.

Another caveat..... hydro will out-yield both organic and non-organic every day.... but the quality can't compare to organic.