Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Results from first time using vaporizer

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by intellitoke, Oct 31, 2008.

1. So yesterday I recieved my VP-800 Globe Vaporizer. I was pretty excited.

With one gram, my roommate and I took about 15-16 hits, and got decently high. When it was done and I took the weed out, it was almost all brownish and yellowish, but there were a few tiny burnt crumbs, so I need to figure out how to do it correctly next time. It comes with a temperature control nob, but it just has a (-) on one side and (+) on the other.

Anyone have suggestions on how to use it for the best efficiency and effect?

How do I clean the glass globe and the whip?

On the metal bowl, there were some burnt spots that wont come off.

2. I find it's best to start off on a lower temperature and gradually raise it. Set it to a temperature where you're starting to get some vapor. When you're not getting as much vapor on that temperature, raise it until you start getting some vapor again. Rinse and repeat.

Try and avoid raising the temperature to the point where the weed starts to burn. The whole purpose of vaporizers is to not burn the weed and you'll probably get some resin on the vaporizer and whip.

As for cleaning, use isopropyl alcohol, just like you do with other glass pieces.

3. There are people online here all the time.

I know people have more things to say (not to degrade what fuzzums said, but I want more feedback).

4. You used it right. For my vape It loves to run at about ~375. Also, you could try pulling slower, that will ensure that your getting vape. Think of your bud as if its water on a hot plate, it takes a bit to get to the vaporus state. Thats more useful when your milking the bowl though. Pull hard as hell at about 350 and you'll get a nice big hit, however you go through a bowl faster this way.

Hope that helps.

5. If its only a tiny bit of black then maybe turn it down a few degrees at most, it sounds like you are doing it just about right. 15-16 good hits is nice, you may be able to get more out of it as well if you turn it down a few degrees. It all depends on your vaporizer and the build of it.

6. what you have left, the crumbly herb, is what you SHOULD have