Restrictions on the right to bear arms

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Danklicious., May 24, 2010.

1. His advice is good... but buckshot is still a better choice for indoor, you will get a kill shot pretty much wherever you shoot at close range, but you won't have a slug taking a beam behind him or travel through a wall or two if you use buckshot. Buckshot could get messy... in fact, I'm kind of in the impression that a shotgun is an effective yet unneccessarily messy for home use. Common! its your house, how much cleaning do you want to do?

2. Yep, good advice. Slug-Buck-Slug-Buck-Slug-Buck and you got options :D

3. #43 mushroomsatsuji, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2010
    Thats an understatement.

I initially posted a link to a site that sells 'exotic' shotgun ammo but I didnt think rummy would be amused in the least.

Lets just say they have 12gauge ammo for everything. They have pepper shells and they have shells filled with everything from small needles and razorsharp tacks. They even have a thing called the 'flamethrower'

4. If we want to keep this thread going, we can't really be having posts like those last two... just saying... this is supposed to be about law(ish).

5. Are not the choices of ammo a factor when deciding what is reasonable force?

6. i use birdshot-slug-birdshot-slug

i can cycle the birdshot if a good shot is possible

buckshot would go through weaker walls. would't want junior to catch a pellet or two.

birdshot will make a person rethink their last couple decisions.

7. Read RMJL's post on the first page. Discussing which shotgun load is best for killing`a man is not in our best interest if we want to keep this thread.

(I agree with you though)

8. I wouldnt say we were glorifying it but best to play it safe:)

9. ok so seems like the majority of enthusiasts on here want to keep their house in check in case of a burglary.

but even if someone comes into your house, shits all over your floor, jumps around and does the hokey-pokey while your family sleeps, you still cannot shoot them! it is illegal to shoot unless they have some weapon aimed at you.

why don't you all buy some prop guns or some airsoft for target practice?
    just an idea..

10. Criminals will always have access to guns no matter what restrictions we put on them the only thing we can do to counteract this is to arm and train the people so that they can protect themselves in a dangerous situation.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Britain and Japan, for example, have tight gun control and both nations enjoy a lower crime rate than USA.

Then there's Canada, which harbors a lot of gun nuts (like USA) but also enjoys a lower crime rate.

12. it is legal to kill a trespasser in my state. that's not a burglar, but someone who is simply on your property - so long as your property is posted with no trespassing signs. killing a burglar is not something you would be punished for here.

13. So did Germany...in the 1930's.

14. Germany did what ...limited or expanded gun control?

15. If Im not mistaken they had similar gun laws that we do today. Stricter even.

16. Which means what? If we (USA) enact strict gun control laws, then we will start a world war, and will be made to pay retributions by an international committee, and then a racist tyrant will seize power and wage another world war that will claim millions of young lives?

Sorry, don't see the correlation between gun laws and mass ethnic killings.

17. No, but there is a coorelation between unarmed citizens and an out of control government.

You think if we have stricter gun control that nothing would change? What makes you think our government is any better than the Nazis? I see zero difference.

Would it follow the Nazis and commit genocide? Probably not. Definitely not like they did.

People can argue self defense but this is the reason we have the 2nd amendment. Self defense is another issue.

18. I don't know what the definition of an "out of control" government entails.

My ex wife was British and the Brits have a very strict gun control policy. In addition to a lower violent crime rate, the Brits also enjoy free health care (another topic for a different thread), not to mention affordable post-secondary education.

19. Low probably compared to the US since we have about 3 different wars going on, but since banning guns, Britain has seen a rise in violent crime, and still continues to rise.

20. Still didn't see what an out of control government is.

Where is the data on this violent crime rates? When I ran a search I found that USA ranked #24 for murders per capita and Great Britain ranked #46.