Rest in peace, Papa.

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by whack-a-mole, Mar 4, 2016.

1. The world lost a great man yesterday. Retired Master Sergeant Bill Wood, my grandfather, my hero, my Papa.

He had a random heart attack last Saturday and battled complications in ICU until yesterday. He served 21 years in the Air Force and another 25 years for the Post Office. In his retirement, he did a lot of volunteer work and was a very humble man. Proud father of 4, grandfather of 8, and great-grandfather to 8 and counting. He was happily married for 57 years and lived to take care of everyone around him. You are missed and will remain in our hearts forever. I love you, Papa.

There aren't many words to express how I feel right now. The last time I saw and spoke to his smiling face was at our family Christmas party 2 1/2 months ago. As I write this, I find it hard to keep my composure. I hope everyone can forgive me for posting this sad post and ask that you put him and us in your prayers.

Namaste.

• Like Like x 3
  2. I'm sorry for your loss.

I recently lost my grandma who helped me recover from 7 brain surgeries. It's never easy losing a family member.

Hang in there.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Thanks. Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Interesting how a lost relative can still teach you things even when they aren't around. Foremost being the importance of family. Best wishes to you.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I lost my grandma last month as well. Recently I had a very short dream with her in it, and it was her voice and everything and I thought in my dream "i know she is dead but this she is as real to me now"

It was very interesting

• Like Like x 2
  5. Thanks for sharing about your papa. Even though we didn't know him we still feel your loss. The world is full of papa's that made us feel safe and loved. Losing another of these wonderful men makes us need to step-up and fill his shoes. Your family has a legacy to teach the grandkids and great-grandkids so they know they come from the very best of what mankind can produce. You get the privilege of continuing everything papa showed you, peace, respect, understanding, and most of all unconditional love. Take the reins and continue papa's legacy, I know you can do it! Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. Sounds like he was a very blessed man and led a great life...One to be proud of!

As above said, honor his spirit now by living life like he did! Send your love to him even now...He knows and it will cleanse your grief for him. ;)

7. Thanks, and you too!!!! Haha

" Most people leave this earth wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem " - Ronald Reagan

Psalms 25;4 show me your ways o'Lord teach me your paths "