Responsibility? Something to eat?

Discussion in 'General' started by Proshoes, Apr 22, 2008.

1. So few months ago I decided I'll freeze my college year and proceed with it later, after a year or so. Why? Well I thought I'll live a bit, not that I didn't have great life so far but you know? It just seemed I'll be free more.

Everyone told me it's a stupid thing to do, but everyone told me before I am doin it all wrong haha, but in the end I was right.

Hell! I was wrong HAH! Now, my parents decided that they won't give me any money no more.
    So I found a job, worked my ass off last month, and that boss bitch scammed me with my paycheck, I got crap...

What now? I mean I got little money, my parents won't give me ANY more money. All of the sudden I am responsible for my life, I mean there is medical insurance, there is getting a driving license and bunch of other stuff I have to get done. Not to mention that I am actually THINKING about renewing my weed stash... It will disappear in couple of days...

What are my options. I thought about robbing little kids? Yes?

2. Get a better job. Work longer hours.

Freedom takes it out of you.

I'm lucky to be allowed to live at home rent free for the now, which allows me to put aside money.

3. Welcome to the world!!!
    Doing something illegal to get a few bux will end up haunting you later, & could potentialy make a bad situation even worse, thats a slipperly slope that will consume you.
    I guess if your parents are not going to help get you back in school then that option is not available...right? otherwise that would be the smart thing to do, there aint nothing going on in the world right now that you are going to miss, it'll be the same today as it will be next year & the year after. The world is what "YOU" make it, & if you have a good paying job you can make yourself & nice little piece of your own world & fuck everybody else. You cant cheat & steal to get through, you just gotta keep working hard at it, nobody likes the work...but everybody likes the payoff.

& let me say this, you need to check that bitch you work for, you make damn sure you get just what you worked for & settle for nothing less, if its a legit operation I cant see her getting away with not paying you for your time.

Its rough out there in the real world...but there are lots of thing you can do to smooth it out.

4. College is overrated anyway. Why pay 10's of thousands of dollars and spend 4-8 years going to college when you could use that same money to start a buisness or investment. You will be waay ahead of yourself had you just gone to college. Most people I know don't even work in the field they went to college for.

5. Hmmmmm my college education is $796 annually making it come to about $3200. I don't know about those $10,000+ schools. Think of college as an investment. Its called networking. I already have professors writing me recommendations my first year at school. You could say that not getting a college degree is a good idea until you go out into the work world and realize that a plethora of individuals aren't going to college making the degree more interesting to future employers. College isn't entirely about the major you choose, its more about proving that you have the determination to follow through and complete something.

But sure you could get your GED or diploma and hope your one of the lucky few that becomes a rich entrepreneur.

6. I'm thinking you need to get your priorities straight..I mean, good on you for working your ass off; but you can't just go and spend that on renewing the stash if you've got other things to take care of.

7. I agree. You're talking of responsibility here. Get your life on track before having the fun, otherwise you'll never be on track.

If you absolutely need it (and are living in your own house) then grow.