Resolution is going well

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Enra5387, Jan 19, 2014.

1. I have already lost 15lbs. :) hell yeah. Does anyone else have success stories?I <3 hobbit weed

2. Congratulations, I warn you though, losing weight is not the hardest part. If someone is overweight for a long time, their body will become accustomed to it. When the body loses a substantial amount of weight, their body will take steps to conserve the mass that is left and try and put back what was losses. Muscles use approximately 500 calories less per day after substantial weight loss. This is why people who go on diets will usually end up weighing more in the long run. BUT that doesn't mean the body isn't healthier. The fat burnt is bad fat, and as long as they do not start eating complete crap after the diet, the body is still healthier. Basically though, a healthy body requires a lifetime dedication. Again, congratulation on losing 15 lbs, but there is no rush. Worry less about the number, and more about how your body feels. Try and look at food as fuel, and remind yourself that your body only deserves the premium fuel. 

3. Congrats, keep it up!Sent from my SGH-T989 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Quit smoking cigs last new years. Still going strong.

5. [quote name="Borborygmus" post="19369488" timestamp="1390158160"]Congratulations, I warn you though, losing weight is not the hardest part. If someone is overweight for a long time, their body will become accustomed to it. When the body loses a substantial amount of weight, their body will take steps to conserve the mass that is left and try and put back what was losses. Muscles use approximately 500 calories less per day after substantial weight loss. This is why people who go on diets will usually end up weighing more in the long run. BUT that doesn't mean the body isn't healthier. The fat burnt is bad fat, and as long as they do not start eating complete crap after the diet, the body is still healthier. Basically though, a healthy body requires a lifetime dedication. Again, congratulation on losing 15 lbs, but there is no rush. Worry less about the number, and more about how your body feels. Try and look at food as fuel, and remind yourself that your body only deserves the premium fuel. [/quote]I appreciate that. Its been over the course of like 9 weeks or so, since I wanted to start my resolution early. Its not a diet I'm on because in my opinion diets fail. Its more of a lifestyle change than anything. I was homeless living in my car and packing on weight due to only being able to afford $1 menu meals. Since I've gotten back on my feet its been soooo much better. I can buy my own food without having to store it in a cooler. :) I <3 hobbit weed

6. [quote name="lazytoker" post="19372050" timestamp="1390186858"]Quit smoking cigs last new years. Still going strong.[/quote]Very nice! I quit last march and have only broken Down to light a cig for my boyfriend every once in a while. But I have not had a full cigarette since march of 2013. I <3 hobbit weed

try a farmer's market or a butcher shop if you have those

it's easy to eat healthy if you know what to look for and have good thrift skills

8. Send me some Hobbit weed, cuz.

9. My hobbit weed is giving me the munchies hahaha. Counter productive!!!!I <3 hobbit weed

10. Nice keep it going. Im renewing my resolution from last year but I lost 20 lbs in 1 year while putting on more lean muscle. This year im looking to do more cardio and more reps with less weight to get more of a cut.Sent from my SGH-I337M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. That's awesome!!!! I'm proud of you! I have a few resolutions that I want to hold myself to. I also want to drink more water, get debt free aside from student loans, and to start enjoying my life vs surviving it. I <3 hobbit weed