resistance bands and pull up bar

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by DZL, Sep 21, 2011.

1. #1 DZL, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2011
    can i get toned with just these two things along with cardio?

im 6"1' 175lb
    i never get exercize im just looking to get better posture and broaden shoulders build chest na mean?

2. [quote name='"DZL"']can i get toned with just these two things along with cardio?

im 6"1' 175lb
    i never get exercize im just looking to get better posture and broaden shoulders build chest na mean?[/quote]

Pullup bars work biceps and lats. If you want to get toned, do a cycle of p90x. Its hard as fuck though. But you get what you put into it.

3. Yes it will be enough as long as you know what you're doing with the resistance bands.

4. Love me some p90x.

If you're just starting off, do some HIIT training(basically sets of sprints) and good body weight workouts. BURPEES are a fucking amazing and simple workout that you can do anywhere and will really build you up athletically. You don't need any equipment for that.

I'd do a quick google search on bodybuilding/nutrition to get a basic understanding of your muscle functions first. Knowledge is power.

Edit: But yes resistance bands/pull-up bar is a good start.

5. Resistance band pushups, hanging leg raises, and pullups will do you good. You can also do assisted one-legged squats by hanging the bands around the pullup bar and holding on to them. You can also work on developing a front/back lever (google it- it's a tough gymnastics skill that takes enormous strength). There's a lot of workouts you can come up with if you get creative.

6. any suggestions for what resistance bands to buy?

7. I would look into Lifeline USA.