Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Resin = pure THC???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Xanxibar, Mar 3, 2009.

1. pure thc = pure thc. resin = high concentrations of thc.

2. Idk bro, even with a pretty high tolerance, resin just absolutely fucks me up. It's definitely a heavy-headed, retarded feeling high though

3. It contains thc but isnt pure thc.

4. No but it DOES contain THC!!!! you know how certain strains have different amounts of thc in them? Well the way they measure thc content is by the resin that's left over. So if you've been smokin some dank bud out of your pipe like me and then your dealers go dry you scrape your bowl and get a nice buzz off it. Granted it isn't going to taste great but a good bowl of resin gets me high.

5. If he meant honey oil as a resin then that is almost pure thc.

6. There isn't all that much THC in it, but I have to conserve as much as possible so I smoke it a lot... It works in a pinch, but I can't recommend mixing it with just a normal bowl, it ruins the taste of the green, IMHO

7. 100% THC would not even be good. You need the other cannabinoids(cant spell, blazed) to get high. CBD is what gives weed that mellow effect. I watched a vid of someone given an injection of just thc and they were paranoid and just having an overall mindfuck.

8. if i'm really dry I'll take my resin and roll it around the bottom of my grinder to pick up the last of my kief from the corners and what not.

Basically I use the resin as a medium for small amounts of kief, but straight resin? nasty shit.
    Only if I'm desperate, like really shitty day and can't find weed ANYWHERE.

9. Almost pure tar....001% thc

10. Its already been said but resin is nasty tar, mostly carcinogenics.

I don't smoke resin when i'm dry, but some people do.

You may be thinking of kief OP. Does anyone know the THC content of kief on average for dank?

11. #72 AgoraReferral, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    resin is better than gold seal hash u just are not curing the resin u need to put in bag for week and leave a fan blowing on it for 3 week then after take it out people think they hav the medical hash. They DON'T. it needs to be carrier bagged before sealed of in a envelope for a week only THEN it goes to the jar for long term storage. wen u put a flame to it it even bubbles like real bho n smells and tastes of straight up og. resin is the new gold seal u fools just cant see it.

12. You're so wrong it hurts hahahahahaha

13. Exactly! Even the finest hash isn't 100% thc. Hash has plant matter, thc, cbd, turpines that are what gives it flavor etc. There are dozens of cannabinoids that work together to make getting high a pleasant experience. Pure THC wouldn't be fun at all.

With resin, the greater amount is tars, ash, and deposited plant matter. There is of course some thc and other goodies in there, but it comes at a risk to your health, bad taste, and headaches. Your call on if you like it or not, but I sure don't. It's only something I smoked when I was absolutely desperate before I started growing. I don't judge anyone who has to smoke it, but thinking it's high grade is silly.

14. its basically weed poo. poo is waste but it always has some sort of nutrients left in, i guess...haha either way its still poo.

15. #76 Alethio, Mar 7, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2013
    totally depends on how you smoke. the quality/type of your bud is also a factor but less so.

true even the best resin will be packin some nasty carcinogens. but if you really give a shit about carcinogens you'd be vaporizing not smoking in the first place lol.

i've seen some nasty resin that i definitely wouldn't smoke especially when its all dried out and totally oxidized. most people saying resin is completely unsmokable crap probly either just carelessly torch their weed, or don't use their utensil daily letting it dry out, or overheat their utensil ,dont use a screen etc. and ya i wouldn't smoke their resin either.
    even back in hi school when I was always scrounging that one extra hoot wherever i could i'd be inclined to pass that shit up.

I'd say one of the biggest factors is overheating pipes. THC mostly vapes off leaving you with oxidized CBD CBN and other even lesser, broken down cannabinoids

even before i discovered vapes back at that time when I was probly doin more research on weed in school than anything whenever I was at a computer lol; I knew all the vaporization points of the canabinoids and was instructing my buds on proper techniques on making weed butter, using a double boiler to cook down oil etc. (fuck one guy i knew would literally light his iso on fire repeatedly to cook it down lol)
    ya anyway gettin ahead of myself it started one day when it was slightly windy day at lunch time when i was less knowledgable on weed. was smokin a bit of keef in my old steel pipe. was already wise enough to know not to shove the flame right in there. but couldn't get the damn thing goin. thought I wasn't getting anything. then I exhaled. and regretted it. fuckin beautiful tasty magical cannabinoid vapor passed by my lips. pure vapor. couldn't hardly replicate that hoot when I tried and try I did. soon I was vaping all my keef by lighter and lighting my sticky green with care. got called a crack head a few times by my friends sure but it wasn't long before i had them doing it too. and not long after that I discovered the vape and got my buds convinced on that too. 4 of them plus me bought volcanos at somepoint. sold a few of em. bought more volcanos. lol
    ya anyway treat the lady Mary J with respect and she'll do the same. and If you dont want carcinogens get a vape.
    vape resin is definately worth smoking take it from me sure its got a slightly lower THC/CBD ratio than your bud and is abit oxidized. but it packs a kick.

and to all you hurtin begginers out there if you want pipe resin worth smoking:
    -Use a screen if ur usin a glass screen be extra careful not to burn that last bit of crap in the bottom and start sucking ash through
    -A flame is way hotter than necessary to get hi butane lighters can hit 800C and THC starts vaping at around 157C at 180C you should be getting the CBD as well. so 430K VS 1073K lighter flame thats 2.5 times hotter than necessary. Gently caress the bud with the heat of the flame for your first hit. let it go out. put it out if necessary. hold that shit in. then light it good and slow and if it goes out and theres still green you didn't pack it right light it right bud wasn't dried right. somethin. if theres browned bud in the bottom Just dump it.
    -Don't be a douche and give your buddy the kills. he'll kill ur resin while he's at it lol.
    -Make sure to use your utensil regularly. don't bother using more different ones than you've got the weed to maintain.
    -for steel pipes just jack/get a bobby pin off ur sister/friend/mom or wherever since its got that long flat edge; easy. for glass I just put some water in there, u shouldn't have water soluble crap in there anyway, just below room temp maybe luke warm if its got a chance to dry at all. I liked to use some actual wire abit thicker than a paperclip can withstand bending better for all those tricky spots and is stronger. with the right consitancy and water temp it sometimes just peels off beautifly with that moisture in there. if its super oily a rinse with cold water can help make it more viscous but you might be better off just isoing your pipe If you've got lots of rez. I prefer everclear tho dont even have to worry about residue in your pipe. if anything it'll add to your buzz lol.
    that 5 percent is just water. you can't really distill ethanol above 95% by conventional distilation. maybe 96 until you leave the bottle open for abit lol.

ya anyways. holy shit i get rambly when i pull and allnighter.
    oops. lol.

ya some resin is about 5% cannabinoids possibly even less if you torch your pipe.
    but with proper care i dont see why you can't hit 20-40% cannabinoids
    if your fanatical about it probly even higher

i've acumulated resin thats although inferior almost comparable with some of my vape resin (in potency anyway, around a third) wich is no doubt above 50% probly more like 70-90 albeit abit oxidized.
    hell I dont even smoke these days just vape.
    but my past self is insulted.
    K imma stop ramblin now lol

16. ^^^This big ass post for a 4 year old thread.lol

17. Common sense says thats not true.loll

18. lol had no idea it was that old. I might aswell note that with good quality rez you can just vape off the cannabinoid residue and just stop smoking once it dries up and wants to start burning avoiding the bulk of the carcinogens.

19. Resin is far from pure THC.