Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Resin pipe = better high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Visus, Mar 25, 2013.

1. I recently did a long deserved cleaning on my pipe. I can't even begin to tell you how dirty it was. Anyway, after cleaning it and smoking my newly cleaned pipe, I noticed that the high was not as strong nor the same type of high. I'm using the same weed, so that shouldn't be a factor. The high was more of a body high this time with minimal cerebral high. Usually it's both and very strong.
    So could resin from past strains that may have been more sativa dominant still affect the overall high while smoking indica? I just don't see any other explanation for this, as the high has always been the same for me other than how strong it is.

2. #2 Fakir, Mar 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
    clean pipe is best :)

3. I just think it tastes better when clean.

4. I think it's possible that the resin helped to up the high. I know people who scrape the resin and smoke it, and can get totally ripped off of it.
    A clean pipe will give you a cleaner hit. Resin built up melts and burns, adding to the high.
    A clean pipe is so nice though. No icky aftertaste and less cotton mouth after.

5. It's called tolerance

6. clean pieces = better taste and a more enjoyable experience all around ;)

Don't smoke resin you junkie! lol

7. you could be used to the smoke tasting like shit? a clean pipes gives you a clean tasting hit thats the only difference it dont affect the quality of the high. unless its a bong or something:smoking:

8. Maybe when you where smoking out of the dirty one you were lighting the resin along with the bud

9. New guy knows what's up! I'd say that it's tolerance too. I doubt the resin get's hot enough to ignite because most people just corner the bowl, then toke away, and not keep roasting the bowl because most weed cherries after a few hits.

10. When you smoke the same strain for a while your body builds a small tolerance until you switch it up. That goes for anything.

11. Let me clear a few things up.
    Firstly, I'm solely speaking of the high itself, not of its taste or any other quality.
    Second, it's not tolerance. I've been smoking the same amount pretty much every day for over a year now with no issues in tolerance. A few hits get me as high as they always have.
    Also, I'm not smoking the same strain constantly. I pick up in half ounces and the strain varies. I smoked this stuff the night before cleaning, and received the high I am accustomed to. After the cleaning, with the same weed, the high is noticeably different and weaker. Even after attempting smoking more than usual.

12. Do you ever see the resin on your bowl light up? Theres your answer

13. I don't smoke resin

But between harvests and the fact that I refuse to buy weed unless I have to, I will at times torch the bottom of a spoon until the resin vapes, its audible, and then I hit it, got the idea from watching people do other more dangerous drugs in fish bowl type pipes.

I usually get more stoned off the resin then I would off the bud, its like somehere between hash oil and trash, :Shrugg: it knocks me out all day sometimes.