Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Resin on my lips!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MrStrauss, Feb 24, 2011.

1. Hey fellow tokers! Whenever I smoked joint or blunts (with the use of filtertips on both), I will get a little bit of resin on my lips where I put the tip of the filter.. Can Somebody explain this to me?

Also.. If I lick it off my lips and swallow it, will that make me more high than if I wipe if off?

MrStrauss :smoke:

2. Just means its good weed, and yess eat that shit:D:wave:

3. Resin is totally normal on joint/blunt. No, eating it won't make you any higher.

4. Thats as far as you're going to troll me:p

5. im glad i saw this thread....ive been meaning to ask this question for quite sometime!

but lately ive been smoking a lot of rellos and Js (been cruising a lot more) and i noticed EVERY SINGLE TIME i take a hit i get resin on my lips- even when i start off lighting it!
    my girlfriend gets some resin on her lips every once in a while, but just a small amount

i get a TON on my lips :eek:

im guessing its the way i smoke it.......like maybe i dont put the blunt far enough in my mouth :confused_2:

anyone else have this happen?

6. This happens to me when I roll either a very fat joint or a blunt with some super dank stuff inside. The more trichomes your weed has, the more resin it's going to drip when you burn it so depending on your strain, way your blunt is rolled or the way you puff on it, you'll probably get resin in or on your mouth if it's a good day, haha.

One weird thing I notice about getting the resin from joints/blunts on my mouth is that it seems to make my lips tingle and get numb sometimes, does this happen to anyone else? I'm no Doctor but my hypothesis is that the mucous membrane of the lips readily absorbs the THC because it is in a semi-liquid state which is much more permeable through skin.

Any feedback on this? Is my hypothesis silly or somewhere close to the truth at least?

7. See that was just a misunderstanding.:D The way you worded it implied that eating straight up resin will get you high....as in just licking it off of the blunt haha.

I knew you could cook it into edibles, it has THC in it, so why not?

:smoke:

8. I dont see why eating it raw wouldn't work. The heat from the smoke would decarboxolize it no?

9. That would make sense, but I feel like you'd have to eat a lot of resin to get high, right? I'd rather just smoke it, the end result is relatively the same. Edibles never really did it for me. Maybe I just haven't had a good brownie yet...

10. LOL I made brownies - They weren't strong enough:eek:

11. You can get high off eating raw weed so why not.

12. Yeah I am not too sure about that, you have to extract the THC in order for you to get high, that's why you heat it up in a joint/pipe/bong/chillum/blunt/whatever, or that when you make edibles, you will often use butter to extract the THC

13. Maybe because its not very efficient? Just put it in brownies.

14. LoL on the emphasis on ''eating'' resin

15. [​IMG]
    Decarboxylation | Cannabis Culture Magazine

16. There is only one cure for resin on the lips... It MUST be licked off by someone else! That is all. :laughing: