Resin On My Lips After Every Bong Hit, Why?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by juanchez92, Sep 5, 2014.

1. I get this often with my bent neck concentrate pieces and have had a few customers say the same.
    It's the curve and the size of the mouth peice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Have This Problem
    Thank you so muchhhhhh! I've been baffled with this problem for the longest time. Especially because this doesn't happen to my boyfriend and we always hit the same bowls. I will definitely try this. Thank you again!

4. Imo its the herb.

How dry the herb is, how dense it is, and how big the bowl is. If you keep your bowl size smaller then it seems not to do that so much. I believe it has to do with temperature as others have said. It seems to happen with large bowls of dry outdoor herb. My theory is that with a large bowl you're increasing the temp of the herb being smoked. This volitizes the entire bowls waxes the first rip (if torched and ripped hard). If you've some condensation on the inside of your piece it cools the drag even further which causes the the volitized compounds to fall out and condense as a solid. I only use room temp water. No ice or cold water.

I used to use a wife beater to filter but after I reduced the bowl size I had less issues. I also noticed if I didn't try to torch the bowl but take it in corners that I had less of the resin end up on lips. If you deep throat your bong lol or try to not let your lips and tongue be the first thing the smoke hits then the resin just feels like it coats the back of my throat and lungs. It didn't feel good lol.

I'd reccomend packing smaller bowls, or torching smaller portions at a time, see what that does. Imo it's the herb and how you pack it and rip it.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Oh wow! Never knew there are many factors to consider. I have never had resin on my lips before.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. #26 Dr.KtheTreeKing, Aug 12, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
    I ALSO HAVE THIS ISSUE, AND IT HAS BEEN SOLVED!
    What has happened is your new perc is filled with too much water.

TRY THIS:
    1. Empty the bong water
    2. Empty the new ash catcher/perc
    3. Fill the new ash catcher/perc up with however much water you think is right
    4. DON'T add water to the bong yet
    5. Put the ash catcher/perc on the bong and inhale thru the empty bong pulling the water thru the ash catcher/perc.
    6. You will notice some of the water that was in the ash catcher has emptied into the bong, and every draw thru the bong after that you will notice that the amount of water in the ash catcher/perc doesn't change anymore. It only lowered after the first draw. THIS IS your new official waterline for the ash catcher.
    7. Now that you've done that take the ash catcher/perc off and set it asside.
    8. Add water to your bong and while adding water every couple of seconds take a draw from it, testing the pressure.
    9. Keep adding water basically until it's not 'easy' to draw from it anymore, then remove a bit so that its easy again. If you can see through your piece then look at the down stem and make sure your water line slightly covers the slits on the down stem. So you can draw from the piece without getting water in your mouth.
    10. Put your ash catcher/perc back on and BAM there ya go.
    THIS IMMEDIATELY SOLVED THE ISSUE FOR ME.
    I have a beard and it was getting all over my mustache and it smelled disgusting. Glad I found the fix, also don't have to work as hard hitting my piece anymore. Cheers, hope this helps! I came to this forum looking for answers when it first happened to me. When I fixed the issued I looked hard to find this same forum so I could come back and help. <3

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. On your lips?!? Come here & give me a kiss big guy!! :love::D

8. I was given 2 clones that are about 3 weeks old and there about 8 inches. They are already flowering. Will the continue to get bigger or will i have a small plant with small yield. Outside grow

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Seems like a weird place to ask this question..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Bro we have the exact same bong

11. How about cleaning your bong?

12. I have an NG 12in (tall) Beaker bong that is 9mm thick (awesome bong, I dropped it 2 weeks ago and only the bowl & stem needed replacing) and I need to wipe my lips with tp after every bowl due to all the resin that comes directly from the amount of smoke you generate with your bong hits.

Personally the only really repeatable relief that I may get depends on two main things: What type of strain (sat, ind, hyb) your smoking; and the quality/rating of your herb.

I find that the amount and frequency of resin I deal with is lowest when smoking any AAA+ Sativa strain, and resin is the greatest when smoking any Indica/Hybrid rated at AA (usually called the 'bargain buds' ).

As far as completely conquering it goes I've tried various amounts of not only water, but herb used, how much heat, heat type (lighter VS torch), ice cubes, rags over mouthpiece, etc with minimal positive results.

13. Comes from concentrated smoke, pressure from pulling bong and vacuum point.

Thread won.

14. This randomly happens to me and I get a horrible weed taste in my mouth

15. Moisture from the weed. Need to make sure it’s below a certain RH% before toking. Usually I like my weed to get to that 55-58% point of RH to start consuming as flower. If I try before that, I’ll get resin marks from the extra moisture in flower.

Also a dirty bong will exacerbate the problem. But it’s mainly the weed causing the problem. Let a nug sit out of the jar and dry up, try a dryer nug and see how it goes.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Can't believe nobody else on the internet fixed the solution yet unfuckingbelievable its not that hard once u know lmao did they just run with it j still running jaizus

17. Duckysaurus solved this at the beginning of the thread back in 2014.

18. Hey lemme see, its more than 1 factor so I doubt it but I ain't helping ppl who don want it lol

19. The wider mouth piece solves this problem of resin on your mouth. Nobody has ever had resin on there lips with my biggest mouth piece beaker bong.

20. Because they aren't puckering lips. So they hock it up. So now you get in ur throat like you bust ate a swamps ass lol doesn't solve it