Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

resin collecting

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ch0cho, Sep 18, 2011.

1. im thinking about cleaning my bong out with rubbing alcohol and then cooking out the alcohol but i was wondering if it will leave any chemicals in the resin that would be unhealthy?

2. Thats gross

Yes it would be very unhealthy

3. I've done it before, it works decently well if theres a high percentage of alcohol, ether would be better. I just let it soak for a while then poured the brownish alcohol into a ceramic dish and set a little heat fan to blow over it. The alcohol all evaporated in about an hour or a little less. then just scrape it up with a razor and roll it into a resin ball

p.s. to answer the question, no there won't be any chemicals in it afterwords other than whats normally in resin.

4. Thats not a bad idea mate, the rubbing alcohol will remove all bacteria, not a bad thing. It will also evapourate out almost completely, a rinse should be enough. Better than any chemical you can buy!

5. soz, missed the point entirely... Resin collecting lol
    Eager to see how this works out for ya... post some pics of the end product if you can, a mate of mine managed to get a decent amount of resin from his vape... smoked up real nice.

6. Tell us if you go blind smoking it lmao.

7. Quick check about your alcohol. Picked this up so long ago, I'm not sure where I learned it! (1st time in college as a lab assistant?)

Grab a mirror, take a tissue and clean the mirror with alcohol, rubbing it first with a alcohol-dampened tissue and then with a dry one to remove any possible residue or dirt. When the mirror is clean and dry, lay it on a flat surface and put a good-sized drop of your alcohol on the mirror. Let it dry.

You should not be able to see any residue where the drop was.

I would use Everclear vodka, rather than rubbing alcohol, if I were to do this. It is considered "safe" for human consumption.

Granny

8. that just sounds like QWISO except using a super shitty product like bong resin instead of stems or shake. you won't get a big yield but it will work. let it dry out for a day afterwords, even if it looks dry after a few hours. it will scrape way easier.l

9. okay im gonna try the mirror technique, il let you guys know how it turns out

10. storm crow is one of the super experienced experts....

granny just knows....lol

it will taste like crap, but it will work...

i do it regularly using high quality iso. unfortunately its the only choice i have to smoke between harvests when i run out. and its near impossible for an american to find weed in this country!

oh yeah, and it smells like shit too, will smell up your whole house while the alcohol is evaporating, so take it outside if you can....

11. i did it. i let it sit out side in the shade for a few hours, then inside by a open window and finally i got fed up and put it in a stainless steel 1/2 cup measuring spoon and simmered it on my stove until all the liquid was gone. then i used a piece of stiff cardboard to scrape out the bottom. a small yield but i think it will get me high :)

12. Could be risky, hurry! Before you put alchohol, take out all the resin out, it's smokeable

13. Last time i checked there was a poison symbol on the rubbing alcohol bottle idk could be dangerous

14. he isnt going to drink it....

iso alcohol is a very common solvent for extracting thc (and other cannabanoids) from pot....so common it has its own name QWISO hash

the thing about alcohol is that it has a very low boiling point and evaporates at room temp

so there will be no solvent left in the final product once it has been dried well.

without trying to sound rude or anything, i would advise you to do some reading on this site about hash or qwiso or solvents, before you advise someone what to do or not to do.

the one downside to this site, and the reason i am a member at other forums, is that very often, people who know less than nothing give advice like they are experts, and since they know nothing, they talk out their ass and give horrible and very wrong advice.

a bit of advice for you out there who feel they MUST answer a post....

please answer someone asking for help or advice if you actually know the answer. otherwise, just sit back and learn something :)

15. [quote name='"growgreek"']

he isnt going to drink it....

iso alcohol is a very common solvent for extracting thc (and other cannabanoids) from pot....so common it has its own name QWISO hash

the thing about alcohol is that it has a very low boiling point and evaporates at room temp

so there will be no solvent left in the final product once it has been dried well.

without trying to sound rude or anything, i would advise you to do some reading on this site about hash or qwiso or solvents, before you advise someone what to do or not to do.

the one downside to this site, and the reason i am a member at other forums, is that very often, people who know less than nothing give advice like they are experts, and since they know nothing, they talk out their ass and give horrible and very wrong advice.

a bit of advice for you out there who feel they MUST answer a post....

please answer someone asking for help or advice if you actually know the answer. otherwise, just sit back and learn something :)[/quote]

This. Also, QWISO is the shit.

16. I thought this was gross then remembered I've done a wash on a whip for a vapo and it came out as good as hash. I would never do this with a bong or pipe.