Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Residual High: Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by NEGASCOTT, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Background: Moderate user with a heavy tolerance.

Situation: Yesterday I smoked some one hit wonder after a stressful day, ate, and took a nap. I was hella groggy when I woke up at a little after 9:00 pm but took a shower, then went to a friend's place while waiting on a dealer to text back (was looking for mids for my friends (I'm that guy, lol)). While waiting, we took a couple more hits of the one hit wonder and were high as balls. Fast forward the night, we buy mid, smoke a couple more bowls, yadda yadda yadda. Night ends at 3:40 am.

Today: Began at 8:00 am. I woke up feeling slightly high. Like, its something I can't shake. I just feel residually high. I was more sensitive than usual on my walk to class this morning (I jumped thinking a car was about to hit me and they were several feet away, if that tells you anything.) I'm not stupid or mentally slowed (albeit a bit more easily distracted), but it's a little bit of a goofy attitude and everything just seems pretty OK today. There's, like, a slight remnant of fog in my head.

Is there such a thing as being residually high? If you think so, have you ever experienced it?

2. This isn't a blog my niqqa ahaH!

I cant understand why you would post shit like this.

ITs all love though baby , just high as fuck cant read this shit

residual high wtf

3. Myth.
    All these people talk about how they "wake up high". That don't really happen.
    It's just placebo.

4. Yeah, when I get really high sometimes my mind will be all foggy the next day.

5. 3:40 AM - 8:00 AM = 4h 20 of sleep

Yea residual high is true but for people with no tolerance. Either you have no tolerance or you are tired.

6. OH alright.

Yeah you can feel kinda high if you wake up after a night of smoking. Especially if you had edibles

7. [quote name='"Rivera"']This isn't a blog my niqqa ahaH!

I cant understand why you would post shit like this.

ITs all love though baby , just high as fuck cant read this shit

residual high wtf[/quote]

Tha hell you talkin bout?

8. I already said I have a high tolerance, so that obviously is not a concern.

I won't deny that I am tired, but that alone wouldn't describe some of the experience. And it has faded as the day has progressed.

9. In strictly pharmacological terms the idea of a residual high is a myth, but I definitely know what you're talking about. Sometimes things just feel a bit hazy and slow haha, it's good shit.

10. i call it a weed hangover and its exactly the same for me as what you described. usually happens to me if i smoked within a few hours of going to bed, but alot more noticeable if i was really stoned. if you do it too many days in a row it just becomes part of what you expect, and then if u miss a night the next day you're wondering why u feel so refreshed and awake.

11. This is the reason I try not to smoke multiple times in a day. Most likely I'll end up in a tired fog for the rest of the night (waaaay different than being stoned). And I do feel noticeably more groggy when I wake up if I was really stoned right before going to bed. I'm with ya with the weed hangover!