reserva privada OG KUSH ?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Seeds Banks' started by TheVaporDaddy, Feb 4, 2011.

1. Sunny, do you possibly remember when you started feeding your plants nutes? I'm on day# 11 and I think my plant is kind of hungry, the leafs are pointing down but everything else looks good. I usually take my plants to 14 days since sprout before I start feeding them, I might give her food tomorrow.

2. I'm not sure the exact date but I can tell you they are food whores. When I ran them in dwc I got the ppm up to 1500 without a sign of nute burn. Then in soil if I ever missed a feeding the next day they were yellowing leaves and purple stems. Don't be afraid to feed them.

3. I have grown banana Kush and DeathStar OG

4. I'm probably going to get yelled at for this :). I found that r.p. og kush was a strain with HIGH potentail. The buds were well formed, high production rate, easy to grow to a certain extent ect.. I had no problem with hermies although I've had problems with other r.p. strains turning hermie, but that's for another thread. My only issue was it was seriously light on the resin production. I did also find that it had many different phenos, I had 6 fem beans and got 6 different phenos. 1 was identical to the pic shown above and that was the best I found.. Very sativa dominant, which I like sometimes.. All in all I would give the final product a 5 outta 10 honestly.. The bud smelled ok, looked ok, smoke was weak.. Although I don't know that they will ever change the formula for that strain I'd like to see them try and make it a little stronger. At the same time, I don't believe I got the best pheno available from that seed pack. From its legendary reputation I have to believe that.. That's my review! Hope it helps someone.. Later!

5. [quote name='"cornerstone666"']I'm probably going to get yelled at for this :). I found that r.p. og kush was a strain with HIGH potentail. The buds were well formed, high production rate, easy to grow to a certain extent ect.. I had no problem with hermies although I've had problems with other r.p. strains turning hermie, but that's for another thread. My only issue was it was seriously light on the resin production. I did also find that it had many different phenos, I had 6 fem beans and got 6 different phenos. 1 was identical to the pic shown above and that was the best I found.. Very sativa dominant, which I like sometimes.. All in all I would give the final product a 5 outta 10 honestly.. The bud smelled ok, looked ok, smoke was weak.. Although I don't know that they will ever change the formula for that strain I'd like to see them try and make it a little stronger. At the same time, I don't believe I got the best pheno available from that seed pack. From its legendary reputation I have to believe that.. That's my review! Hope it helps someone.. Later![/quote]

HOW DARE YOU!!! lol I totally agree. I grew 4 from seed and got 4 completely different phenos. One even just died 4 weeks into flower. It's a very finicky strain. One of the phenos I got did put out a good yield. Thanks for the info, I agree with your raiting.

6. Pictures look familiar, very similar to what I pulled off the 18. Its different then any OG, just not "true og". Good harvest im sure :) nothing like your own smoke!!

7. I have to toss my plant. It's in two weeks and is pretty much not developing. I'll pictures later. ffs.

8. I just pulled 10.6 oz of my OGs. After a slow dry with the sugar leaves on they actually smell really good. It's a very strong smell that has a kush undertone but not like any OG I've ever had. I had some in my truck and I could smell it really strong in my center console. Overall it turned out really good and frosty. I pulled them at 70 days with about 25% amber trichs. The high starts out in your forehead and moves to the rest of your head for about twenty minutes then the next thing you know you can't get off the couch. It goes from heady to body almost instantly. You're stuck to the couch but your minds still going and brings really pleasant thoughts so in that since it smokes like other OGs I've smoked. OGs always get me stoned as shit (indica style) but still leave my head working nicely. Overall is give it a 7.5/10 just because the leaf to bud ratio was pretty bad. There were a LOT of leaves.

9. Can't wait gonna crack 4 Reserva Privada OG Kush tomorrow lets see what happens:D:D

10. after reading all this , i regret having half of mty current grow space dedicated to this strain.
    A mate of mine was growing them , and mid flower i recognized some old earthy piny afghan smell.He had arranged me a few cuts, and I'm about to flip 12/12now.

shitty stash in spring to some extent if i read all the posts in this thread..

11. [quote name='"indic amore"']after reading all this , i regret having half of mty current grow space dedicated to this strain.
    A mate of mine was growing them , and mid flower i recognized some old earthy piny afghan smell.He had arranged me a few cuts, and I'm about to flip 12/12now.

shitty stash in spring to some extent if i read all the posts in this thread..[/quote]

Don't regret it til you see the quality of the stash itself... Maybe even after a few attempts... Sometimes awesome quality is hiding behind nutrient sensitivity like in east coast sour diesel

12. Yeah don't regret anything until its done. DNA breeds with some good genetics, I'm sure there's a good pheno to be found :smoke:

13. doin a combined run of OG kush ( reserva privada) and Cheese ( also RP).
    Highy impressed @ day 53 so far. Huge uniform buds, good smell, growing huuuge.
    will do a smoke report 4 weeks after day 70

14. Great thread and comments from everyone. I never experienced OG Kush so I grew it last year and had similar results: leaves everywhere - very time consuming to trim, more branches than a thorn bush, but the biggest downer for me was the smell and taste of this strain. I can't even desribe it. I was wondering if anyone else had phenos that had a strange odor or taste? Like some of you said, there are probably good phenos out there. All of my plants had the same smell/taste and it makes me wonder if the seeds I purchased were actually OG Kush. What is the smell/taste of true OG Kush? Look forward to some of your smoke reports. Thx.

15. #56 Sunnyvale, Jan 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2013
    True OG kush has a fuely/diesely/pine smell with a very similar taste to the smell that has a strong, enjoyable after taste. The RP OG I grew tasted and smelled nothing like true OG. The genetics of true clone only OG are really unknown for the most part (as far as I know) so this is RP's version of OG kush. Unless DNA knows something we don't it was really just a guess of what genetics to cross to get as close to the real OG as possible. RP has better strains IMVHO. We can't complain though, we knew what we were getting into growing an f-1 strain :wave:

Edit: I do have to say the pheno I chose to grow had a similar high to true OG. Not as potent and left me a little more sleepy than true OG, but the initial 30 minutes was similar, just weaker (could have been grower error on the potency part).

16. My RP OG kush was absolute kill. Lemon skunk funk to the fully max capass. I got them 1-2 years ago and still am hording on to 3 of the beans ;)

Shit was the stinkiest I have ever grown, and by far the most potent. RP has great genes, and I have did the sour kush by them as well and it too was a winner in my book.

17. i am just finishing up a reserva og that i got as a freebie from attitude when i purchased my c99 seeds. I sampled a lower bud from the plant and i was very impressed. I wont even be harvesting for another week but the high was very good. It grew strong dense buds loaded with crystals and also cloned very easily. I took 6 clones from the plant before i put it in bud and 5/6 rooted within 9 days and are growing quickly. overall i am pleased and will continue to grow this strain:D

18. I'm in need of that no seed s

19. Good luck with that.