Research says Don't Flush The Plants

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by trojangrower, Nov 29, 2019.

?

Do you flush?

1. Yes

21.4%
  2. No

78.6%
  1. One thing I do wonder about though is whether or not an end dry-cycle would benefit. Drought cycling is supposed to increase trichome stress I believe, so denying a plant in the end of its life for a day ... two... then hacK? idk, just wonder sometimes.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Yeah a lot of those things sound fairly sensible to me. Some guys stab the plant through the trunk for the same reason.
    I think if we asume the thc etc is a defence mechanism of sorts then i see no reason why it wouldnt be good to stress them out.
    Bound to be a propper study on it somewhere actually. It is fairly common practice sort of.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. One of my IG buddies does this, had no clue why until now.

• Like Like x 2
  4. I’m doing this with my auto Bruce, I have no control to measure against so really it’s pointless but I’m giving a go anyway lol.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Fuck me lads the scores 17-4!!!!
    Yeehaaa :)

6. Out of those 4 i wonder how many if any have actually tried not overfeeding and skipping the flush. I started out flushing with bottled nutes and nobody could convince me to not flush because thats how i was shown. Once i actually gave not flushing a shot i realised how wrong I had been.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. I want to try this but with real soil and not a peat based mix

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. I used to think weed was different from anything else I had ever grown in the garden, I was even crazy enough to pay stupid high prices because “this is hydro, man”. What a difference a little knowledge makes.
    The only thing that I’ve done different with watering in the garden is restricting water during the end of maturity with Cantaloupes so the melon wouldn’t be saturated and I’m still even experimenting with that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. isn't just plain water flushing
    m

10. Yes and they sell a product you can mix into it.

BL

11. Which is extra pointless. Just another unecessary product for the manufactures to make money off of.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. I wonder if RX is going to fix their feeding charts now?
    upload_2020-1-23_5-14-34.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Doubt it..the industry doesn't want people growing good flower. They need them to fail so they go looking to buy more products to try and improve their grow.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Looks like you've done this before.

Nice job mang.

j

• Like Like x 3
  15. Good sized containers, A little extra veg time and good lighting and of course a well constructed organic soil based on high-quality living compost and there’s no reason whatsoever you can’t do the same.

A combination of a dialed in organic soil and quality lighting can absolutely and positively keep up with hydroponic gardening.

j

• Like Like x 4
  16. Flushing agent is nutrient scam. The nutrient company I use has like 7 or 8 bottles. Not 20 like AN or Bot.

• Like Like x 2
  17. What do you mean by “real soil”?

I haven't grown in a bit now but took peat out of the equation once I built up a stockpile of rich leaf mold.

The last few years my indoor potting soil was constructed from items exclusively harvested from my property and the results were wonderful.

j

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Even 7-8 seems like alot? Wouldn't a bottle grower really just need a veg and bloom fertilizer?

Just wondering - and good to see you @Sade

j

• Like Like x 2
  19. That would mean organic soil gardeners are flushing from Day 1.

j

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. They have to make a micro to protect iron chelate chemical makeup. Apparently phosphate can make iron chelate inert and plant not able to extract.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1