Required message in rep?

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by mushroomsatsuji, Jun 4, 2010.

1. #1 mushroomsatsuji, Jun 4, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2010
    One of the things that annoys me is rep with no message. I always wonder why I get it. Especially neutral which could be good or bad.

Second question answered.

2. i agree, those purple reps with no message you get from blades always leave me with questions:confused:

3. vBulletin is a cold hard bitch.

4. You have to leave a comment for neg rep I believe, so if you get one without a comment, consider it positive.

5. Should I test that out? It won't effect your rep right? Just to test.

6. Yeah that dawned on me one time, too

I leave a fair share of message-less reps...in most cases it's just obvious that I agree with their post

7. It won't let you leave negative rep without a comment.

8. I just -repped you, no comment. To test. And it went through. Maybe its because mine are neutral.

9. Maybe, guess it doesn't matter until a member can give actual rep.

They might as well not even be allowed to rep until they have so much rep themselves.

10. The one thing I can't do on my mobile GC is post rep messages :laughing:

And when someone reps you click on the thread it was on to the left and it will bring you right to the post they gave you the rep for.

11. Sorry :( I do that a lot for pos just because I agree with the post and don't feel like writing "I agree".

12. Yeah, since you leave rep for another persons post, I just assume that they get it and if not well who cares they got repped

13. #13 Dr.HydroThumb, Jun 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2010
    Its bad when you wonder why youre getting rep. Thats so messed up.

you should get rep for something youve done good for the community or a good grow. most people rep for bs reasons and here is a great example of it.

I recently helped out a fellow GC patron that was a "can blow-o's' status and she needed help on basics of growing. She had no clue on what to do and I just dont understand. lol

I love GC and i love to help people and share my grow even more..
    But the rep system has been a flawd in my eyes since day 1.