Requiem For A Dream

Discussion in 'Movies' started by 40sand420, Jan 7, 2010.

1. potentially the most intense movie i've ever watched. definitely competition for the #1 spot on my favorite movies list.

it's pretty powerful shit, and a lil disturbing too.

it's not too old. if you've seen it, what'd you think about it?

2. its fucking awesome! thats what i think of it.

i just saw it last night actually. first time i saw it sober.

one time i was fucked up on shrooms (fridge scene freaaaaaaaaaaaaaked me out)
    and another time i was on oc and i barely remember watching it haha

btw is the dude with the black hair (horrible with remembering names) from 30 seconds to mars?

3. its a good movie that i will never watch again

4. #4 naciremaBK, Jan 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2010
    i watched that movie last night stoned with a friend and i literally said the exact same thing "intense"

5. it was melodramatic and featured awful acting and unnecessarily gruesome plots. all about shock value really. wasn't impressed.

6. yeaap, the dude with black hair was jared leto

7. it was an artistic interpretation of real life scenarios, sometimes the artist/director will dramatize the situation to get their point across.

also, one could also watch this movie as an anti-drug movie. i mean ive never done heroin but im damn sure not going to now that i watched that shit

8. kind of a downer film to me so i cant really watch it stone. good movie though. jared leto is a really good actor

9. sure, but the moralistic lesson doesn't make it "good". i understand what you are trying to say though.:smoke:

10. if you like drug movies, before you watch this imagine one made by a crazed evangelist. thats what requiem for a dream is. ;)

11. Well said.

12. I feel the exact same way.. Amazing movie, too much to handle.

13. Awesome movie. The song Requiem for a Dream for that movie is fantastic. Very vivid movie and something that sticks in your mind forever.

Also the guy who made this is Darren Aronofsky who also directed/created Pi.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Aronofsky

14. Its pretty gripping once you get into it but yeah Jared Leto should stick to acting..:rolleyes:

15. What's this flick about?

16. one of the most disturbing movies ive ever seen.

i dont watch horror movies tho. requiem really caught me off guard.

thats not to say i didnt like it. it was just intense as fuck

17. Three friends that do drugs but have dreams to move on to bigger and better things. They sell drugs to try to reach their goals but everything falls apart eventually. Also has a mom whose obsessed with getting on TV and starts doing drugs to lose weight. You can guess how that works out.

18. "YOURE ON UPPERS! I CAN HEAR YOUR TEETH GRINDING FROM HERE!"

lol

19. Good look, I don't think I'd watch it.

20. This is my favorite scene <3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV_WJ_IvSJg]YouTube - dance from requiem for a dream[/ame]

Also, if you liked this movie, I would recommend you see "Trainspotting".