Republican voter suppression

Discussion in 'Politics' started by weednotcrack, Mar 11, 2011.

1. repugs are also busy taking away workers rights, teachers pay, your rights, your money, your freedom..."we the people" are being raped slowly....and the demorats are busy holding down the victims the repugs are raping...

same shit, different day...;)

if we want real change, get rid of political parties (G. Washington warned us a political party system was a bad idea...)

2. Yea, they rapin' errybody out here, but I would say the Democrats' penises smell just as much like shit as the Republicans'. Bipartisan cooperation = double penetration, as I think aaronman once wrote.

3. readers digest version of current events; We the people, are screwed.

4. I don't see how this is bad. Making sure people vote in the state they are a resident of and making sure they have a photo I.D. doesn't sound all that bad.

5. An equally stupid thread was already made on this, so I'll just re-post my comment from there:

It doesn't make any sense, this is manufactured outrage if I've ever seen it.

6. And elsewhere around the nation;
    By a solid 6-1 margin, the Georgia Supreme Court rebuffed a Democrat effort to throw out the state's law requiring photo identification to vote. While Democrats claimed that the law imposes an unauthorized qualification on voters and unduly burdens them, their case was considerably weakened when they couldn't produce any voters denied their franchise by the law. Moreover, the Justice Department (under President George W. Bush) approved the Georgia law under the Voting Rights Act, making Georgia one of a handful of states where changes to state election law must be approved for compliance with the VRA.
    A similar law in Indiana passed muster with federal and state courts in the last three years. As in Georgia, plaintiffs couldn't produce a victim either. Five other states also require photo identification at the polling place: Florida, Hawaii, Louisiana, Michigan, and South Dakota. In all cases, voters are allowed to cast a ballot, although in Florida, Georgia, and Indiana they are given provisional ballots.

7. okay,here a hypothetical,what is the Democrats purposed a bill that would make people get a voter id but would exempts young people and bong owners?

8. Don't forget Republican education suppression and Republican individualism suppression.

9. Liberal hogwash. You are all brainwashed by the MSM.

10. :yay:*Woot Woot* brainwashed *Woot Woot* :yay:

11. If the bong owners had to carry a photo I.D. then why not?

12. people already have to carry around photo i.ds xD

13. how are this for hypothetical, say Republicans is be making people vote where they living but including multiplication forms of ID to prove them?

14. voter fraud victims? I though most were dead and buried...guess not...

[​IMG]

15. what's wrong with the voting now? what's the point of the making it harder to vote?to be extra extra sure that every voter is who they say they are? right?

16. I agree, really, laws were in place at the beginning 1 voter gets 1 vote (who can vote has changed, but not how many votes you get)

..then one day, some piece of fecal matter decided to lie about who they were and vote many many times...this continued, caught on with the party's and expanded to ID fraud using dead people...then ballot tampering.

What we need to stop is all those zombies coming to the polls and ballot box tampering/disappearances. Making it harder for the actual citizen to vote is a path to tyranny.

17. I don't buy this excuse at all. Is it really THAT difficult to produce a valid form of ID??

18. reread, "making it harder..."
    Not a mention of ID...<sarcasm>(as if it would work, yep, nobody has ever faked ID's...)

... new laws that do not stop voter fraud and tampering by criminals within the system (government) yet alienate legit voters...ya, it isn't that baaaa baa baaaaaad an idea uhuh:p</sarcasm>

19. So what is it that makes it "harder" to vote?